Window Tint Ticket

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
thats sucks!!! i have 5% all around and have never been questioned about it!! even when i got pulled over it wasnt an issue

All this means is that you have been very very lucky. NM has a 20% limit on all windows and the as-1 line

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I didn't mention this earlier, but window tint is an inspectionable item. If the inspector is doing his job it will not pass it. If he passes it when it shouldn't, then I am going to pay the inspector a visit or have a local representative pay a visit. Those stickers have a number and can be easily back-tracked.

txyaloo

Established Member
I didn't mention this earlier, but window tint is an inspectionable item. If the inspector is doing his job it will not pass it. If he passes it when it shouldn't, then I am going to pay the inspector a visit or have a local representative pay a visit. Those stickers have a number and can be easily back-tracked.

How do you know when the tint was applied? It could have been installed post inspection. IIRC, the shop markers embedded under the tint don't have a date on them. That is assuming the shop actually put them in. Most don't when doing an illegal film.

I'm always on the lookout for a trooper in a Charger when I"m driving I-10 to Houston. You'd nab me for my front plate first, and then get me for my tint. :lol::beer:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Some states do not allow any tint on the front two windows...or on the front windshield. There are states that have to get more than a seat belt or window tint in order to stop a car, I have never understood that. In NC, I see a violation and stop it[example tint] . If more violations arise from the reason for the stop, then so be it.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
yes they can in most states. whether they do or not is up to the cop that sees you

It is ILLEGAL to take your cats off in EVERY state on a street driven car. Just because you don't get caught or have inspections does not mean it is legal. It is a federal law as well with hefty fines for taking them off.

your tint is also illegal

Well i *HEARD* in alabama they can't stop you, but i dont know how true it is or not.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Tint looks good, but you run the risk of getting tickets. Sometimes looking good comes at a cost, I can personally attest to 2 tickets for tint, that I never argued since I know I was in the wrong.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well i *HEARD* in alabama they can't stop you, but i dont know how true it is or not.

well it turns out ... you have been misinformed . from an article out of an alabama newpaper, Quoting a chief of police about law enforcement during spring break:

Andalusia Star-News | Patrols more common in spring break

Travelers along State Hwy. 55 should be cautious when entering Lockhart, Chief John Davis said.

Outside of speeders, his department’s main concern will be enforcing Alabama’s window tint law.

“As for the tint law, if they are from Alabama, if their window tint is too dark, they can get stopped,” he said. “A general rule is if you can’t see the driver, it’s too dark. And that’ll get you stopped.”

You could do a websearch and find the specific alabama law

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
How do you know when the tint was applied? It could have been installed post inspection. IIRC, the shop markers embedded under the tint don't have a date on them. That is assuming the shop actually put them in. Most don't when doing an illegal film.

I'm always on the lookout for a trooper in a Charger when I"m driving I-10 to Houston. You'd nab me for my front plate first, and then get me for my tint. :lol::beer:

Well you have a point, but it can be done with a little leg work. I simply ask where and when did you get it inspected. Most folks will tell you the truth with a warning. lol
Speaking of the Charger, I had to turn mine in due to too many miles. That was a hell of a patrol car, a true "interceptor". I am back with the Crown Vic. There is just no comparison! Plus, the interceptor badge really needs to come off of it.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I just got another tint ticket the other day, 35% on the windshield and turns out 20% on the side windows read 11% on the meter!?! My gf drives the car everyday all over and no problems...seems like everytime i drive it get tickets BSBSBSBS! This time traffic was being re-routed and there was an unmarked car siting in the intersection. I was minding my own buisness barley had the clutch all the way out in 1st putting along, just got a front end alignment and some Mc D's breakfast coming home 2 blocks from my house. Just like everything else you have to pay to play!!

txyaloo

Established Member
I just got another tint ticket the other day, 35% on the windshield and turns out 20% on the side windows read 11% on the meter!?! My gf drives the car everyday all over and no problems...seems like everytime i drive it get tickets BSBSBSBS! This time traffic was being re-routed and there was an unmarked car siting in the intersection. I was minding my own buisness barley had the clutch all the way out in 1st putting along, just got a front end alignment and some Mc D's breakfast coming home 2 blocks from my house. Just like everything else you have to pay to play!!

The stock windows have a certain UV transmission value. Add a 25% tint over it and you can easily pass the legal limit.

txyaloo

Established Member
Well you have a point, but it can be done with a little leg work. I simply ask where and when did you get it inspected. Most folks will tell you the truth with a warning. lol
Speaking of the Charger, I had to turn mine in due to too many miles. That was a hell of a patrol car, a true "interceptor". I am back with the Crown Vic. There is just no comparison! Plus, the interceptor badge really needs to come off of it.

I assumed the new computerized inspection can help quickly track that information. I was amazed when they rolled the system out and scanned my VIN barcode.

I guess now I have to be on the look out for every grandma/grandpa driving slow in the left lane in their Grand Marquis. If I see a Charger driving slowly in the left lane, I assume it's a LEO.

If you ever stop a Lightning and the driver has a jew fro, be easy on them. :lol:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I got a tint ticket a few months back in AZ. Measured in at 2%. First time for me, so I just striped it(was getting beat up anyways; dam mustang windows) just went with legal. Not really a big deal, better than paying $90 or more each time. Sent the court a copy of my receipt of the tint being striped and re-done and they dropped it.

Users who are viewing this thread