will you travel for Christmas (covid) ?

bmxer89

Established Member
Nope. Never travel home for the holiday's. I like my 1000 mile buffer from extended family lol. Much more peaceful

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
No Christmas long distance travels for us however wife and I did just fly to St. Lucia and back. While the mask thing was miserable plane ride wise, (Just hard to get comfortable, expescially boarding and de-boarding I will commend them for being one of the cleanest feeling trips I've ever taken. Traveled 3 different airlines to get their and all were on top of the their game. Delta being #1, but never felt any type of danger or worrisome discomfort while traveling and would go back tomorrow if I could lol.....The all inclusive various rum flavored drinks act as a vaccine anyways! lmao

nxhappy

Established Member
No Christmas long distance travels for us however wife and I did just fly to St. Lucia and back. While the mask thing was miserable plane ride wise, (Just hard to get comfortable, expescially boarding and de-boarding I will commend them for being one of the cleanest feeling trips I've ever taken. Traveled 3 different airlines to get their and all were on top of the their game. Delta being #1, but never felt any type of danger or worrisome discomfort while traveling and would go back tomorrow if I could lol.....The all inclusive various rum flavored drinks act as a vaccine anyways! lmao
st lucia is nice. I love all those islands. I haven't traveled out of the US in a while due to 2 small children LOL. I need a Caribbean vacation BAD.

nxhappy

Established Member
Traveling from SC to FL, just under Alabama. About an 8 hour drive. We will be visiting my Wife's Dad who remarried and Mom who also remarried. All old and one going through chemo from a 2nd round of cancer. We will be limiting our contact with all other people during this time frame, mostly because of the her Dad's wife and the cancer. I'm down to sit on the couch and not move for a week but my Wife is always on the go so it will kill her. I'll be getting some Whataburger in Jax, FL on the way to our hometown...A Happy Tradition. :)
whatburger is so titties. I lived in CA all my life, with no WB in sight. Then moved to AZ. And now I can eat whenever I want. ****ING SWEET !

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Working Christmas Eve and Christmas. I signed up to work since my parents live out of shit hole CA (good for them) and they said they won’t be down for the holidays. Smart move

MG0h3

Established Member
I am. Flying. When you go on your flight app, theres a banner running saying the whole cabin gets fresh air every 2-3 min that is run through a hepa filter.

My Dads wife cancelled every function they had planned since this started. I think my Dad has had enough. For all we know, they’ll try and make us not travel for years. He’s more likely to die from any number of things and then what. We didn’t see each other for the last years. Mind you my Dad is 78 none of the normal old people problem. Hell his BP is lower than mine.

I told him if I feel sick at all I’ll quarantine mussels down at their cabin and that’ll be that.

Initially my stepmom wanted me to get tested and then sit there for 3days waiting on the results. **** that. We’ve prob had 10 dudes in my office test positive and didn’t even have as much as a sniffle. I’m just going to use common sense. If I don’t feel well for any reason, I’ll stay away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I was told we shouldn’t travel due to Trump draining the swamp and declaring martial law. At least that is what they said in the Fraud Thread. Maybe I should load up the old minivan with firearms. I can give my daughter one of the XDS-9s and I will handle the AR-15.

Or is that all just more blindfolded dart throwing? Asking for a friend.

MG0h3

Established Member
I was told we shouldn’t travel due to Trump draining the swamp and declaring martial law. At least that is what they said in the Fraud Thread. Maybe I should load up the old minivan with firearms. I can give my daughter one of the XDS-9s and I will handle the AR-15.

Or is that all just more blindfolded dart throwing? Asking for a friend.

Lol ya saw that.

Ya ****ing right. The loons have really blossomed lately.

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Lived in Florida for a long time and we would fly or drive to metro Detroit every Christmas for my wife's side family get together (about 50 family members). We'd stay with my mother in law while up. 2 years ago we had to become caregivers for her as she was unable to live alone (dementia). The plan was to become snow birds with her. Nope... She doesn't travel well and couldn't handle changing locations. So, I decided we might as well become full time Michiganders and that way she could be close to other family members. She gets pneumonia easily so the last time we've seen any family was last Christmas. I'm not scared of getting it myself even at my age. I am terrified of giving it to my mother in law. It would most likely be her death sentence. Other than grocery shopping every other week and carry out dinners a couple times a week we've on "house arrest" since February. I bought a boat and we can use it without being around anyone so that was my only recreation all year. It's worse now than it was in March and April when the whole country was shut down.

Long story to answer the question.... No travel. No visiting..... No nothin. No belly aching about it.

My in-laws both have dementia, they are ages 86 and 85. Both caught the rona at the hospital since they both had falls the same day. Father in law is overweight, prediabetic and has minor heart issues. Mother in law is fragile also with minor heart issues. Both had loss of taste and smell and one had a slight cough. They sailed right through it with no issues. They were given no meds for it, they take vitamin D regularly.
Dementia is a horrible thing, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
If she isn’t vitamin D deficient she has a much higher chance of little to no issues with the rona.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm always home for Christmas, but we would travel.

My wife and I just got back from Park City, Utah last weekend. Gorgeous place. We had an absolute blast. Already planning a return in the spring.

73040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=KromIoUwKgYAX9TysmO&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci2-1.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm always home for Christmas, but we would travel.

My wife and I just got back from Park City, Utah last weekend. Gorgeous place. We had an absolute blast. Already planning a return in the spring.

View attachment 1678296

Park City is amazing. We were supposed to make a stop there in August but Kung Flu canceled that.

“My Type-R Avalon is fast!”-Cockbruhs

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Park City is amazing. We were supposed to make a stop there in August but Kung Flu canceled that.

“My Type-R Avalon is fast!”-Cockbruhs
Yeah it's perfect. We were looking at property out there. Once we ran across Hideout on Keetley lake we were sold...until I saw that 1 acre lots were bringing $600k-1mil. Haha

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread