Will This Work On My 03?????

baby2000

Established Member
I found this on Craigslist and i was wondering if it will work so that i can do a swap? Also will this unit hold up to 600 to the wheels? Thanks for the help.

BRAND NEW ...I have an 8.8 inch Trak-Lok rear end assembly with 3.55 gears in it. Ford Racing part number is M-4006-B355, and is compatible with all 87-93 Ford Mustangs, and will most likely work in any Ford product that came from the factory with a 7.5" or 8.8" rear end. It has never been installed in any car. It was supposed to go into a car project that I was building, but that project didn't quite pan out.I paid over $900.00 when I went to pick it up from Ford, but am willing to let it go for $600.00 No trades.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I dont know if I would trust those type of car parts from craigslist. Still wouldnt hurt to go check it out though. Seems like a decent deal.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
the width of the axle I believe is shorter, IIRC something like an inch narrower. but other than that there is no difference. most likely it doesnt have 31 spline axles, probably 28 spline.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i would probably pass on that for a terminator, 87-93 sra might work but would probably require some modifications. it might even still have drum brakes lol. also it would def be narrower than your 99-04.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
if its 28 spline, its a downgrade from what you have now... if its 31 you should be good.....another determining factor is it may have 4 lug axles and not 5 lug.... I would find out if its atleast 5 lug.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I found this on Craigslist and i was wondering if it will work so that i can do a swap? Also will this unit hold up to 600 to the wheels? Thanks for the help.

BRAND NEW ...I have an 8.8 inch Trak-Lok rear end assembly with 3.55 gears in it. Ford Racing part number is M-4006-B355, and is compatible with all 87-93 Ford Mustangs, and will most likely work in any Ford product that came from the factory with a 7.5" or 8.8" rear end. It has never been installed in any car. It was supposed to go into a car project that I was building, but that project didn't quite pan out.I paid over $900.00 when I went to pick it up from Ford, but am willing to let it go for $600.00 No trades.

looks like a down grade...i googled it..
http://www.thefordsource.com/store/pdf/axle_1_assemb.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread