Will there or will there not be a 04 Cobra?

lzr red Cobra

Established Member
Does anyone know for sure? except for the mystichrome of course. i am putting some serious thought into buying one, i have 59 payments left on my 01 so what the heck? i am sure that the release of the 05 body style will cause the 99+ values to plummet so if im gonna sell i need to sell now if i want any kind of return.

anyway, id hate to sell my baby then find out i cant get an 03 anymore and there are no 04's

:bash:

then have to wait for the 06's.:cuss:

the way i see it, the 03 is a beast and you guys are putting out sick numbers, why buy the 06? new body style/chassis? big deal also gonna come with a HUGE price tag and markup. this may be my last chance to own a "new " cobra.

anyone know if any 03's are left in Texas?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 04's should be in showrooms by August. There will most definitely be an '04, so fear not!
:p

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Yes there will definitely be 04 Cobra's. But through what I have heard, production does not start until late fall. So don't expect to see any at dealers until early next year.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Yes, there will be an '04. 6000+ depending on demand. Not notice the post about '04 colors?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
OK here is the official info from your Mod.
Production starts in August with cars arriving in September. Production ends April 2004.
Mystichrome cars will be built in November. Of which only 1000 will be built. That number will consist of Coupe and Convert.
Chrome wheels are now open production meaning no more commodity restraints.
Competition Orange and Screaming Yellow are new colors.
Dark charcoal with matching suede inserts now available.
7,500 total production.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
That's Pull me over Competion Orange and Screaming police officer Yellow.
I would still love an orange one with chrome wheels! Drool, drool.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by tommylightning
OK here is the official info from your Mod.
Production starts in August with cars arriving in September. Production ends April 2004.
Thanks for the clarification.
:)

lzr red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
Yes, there will be an '04. 6000+ depending on demand. Not notice the post about '04 colors?

no didnot see the post, sorry :uh oh:

im trying to find it, where is the post?

Last edited:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by lzr red Cobra
i am sure that the release of the 05 body style will cause the 99+ values to plummet so if im gonna sell i need to sell now if i want any kind of return.

Don't be so sure. If it resembles the concept, an awful lot of people are likely to be turned off by the styling.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Re: Re: Will there or will there not be a 04 Cobra?

Originally posted by caveman6666
Don't be so sure. If it resembles the concept, an awful lot of people are likely to be turned off by the styling.

I am not one of them - I am antsy about a first-year model, though. Especially with Ford's track record with the Focus, its financial woes, and the stall...did I mention my car has the stall? IT STALLS! Got it Ford? Fix the thing?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
i am sure that the release of the 05 body style will cause the 99+ values to plummet so if im gonna sell i need to sell now if i want any kind of return.

Kind of like you can't buy a 1993 with low miles for less than 15K? If you say you can then go get it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I personally don't believe that the value of a Cobra is going to drop significantly because of a new body style. If anything, the radical change (retro look) will attract some, but there will be those who would rather see less of a retro look and more of a step forward into the design world. Of course we haven't seen a picture yet of an actual ;05 Mustang. I've heard that the actual Mustang is going to differ a bit from the concept. Time will tell. Those who don't like the design will be apt to look at 2003 and 2004 Cobra (and '01s) if the present gen design is more appealing to them. Look what happened to the new T-Bird. I personally love the car but it is definitely a retro look and not everyone likes it. Sales are lagging but Ford is going to stick with it to see if sales turn around. But I certainly wouldn't rush off and sell your Cobra because you're afraid it may lose a lot of its value within the next year. I just don't see that happening. JMO.

Sin

Established Member
owners with competition orange can say, "Hey, orange ya jealous?"
...poor joke

jonas

Established Member
Re: Re: Will there or will there not be a 04 Cobra?

Originally posted by CobraBob
I personally don't believe that the value of a Cobra is going to drop significantly because of a new body style. If anything, the radical change (retro look) will attract some, but there will be those who would rather see less of a retro look and more of a step forward into the design world. Of course we haven't seen a picture yet of an actual ;05 Mustang. I've heard that the actual Mustang is going to differ a bit from the concept. Time will tell. Those who don't like the design will be apt to look at 2003 and 2004 Cobra (and '01s) if the present gen design is more appealing to them. Look what happened to the new T-Bird. I personally love the car but it is definitely a retro look and not everyone likes it. Sales are lagging but Ford is going to stick with it to see if sales turn around. But I certainly wouldn't rush off and sell your Cobra because you're afraid it may lose a lot of its value within the next year. I just don't see that happening. JMO.

I can see our cars be the supras of the late 90's i.e. unbelievable resale value

Users who are viewing this thread