Will the '13 GT500 be the Boss 429 of this era?

Fuerza

Established Member
I think the 2013 certainly improved its "high water mark". The video about Ford using 285 rear tires was very inspiring, It seems like for the first time Ford looked at their engine out and said, Okay we make 650hp how are we going to put it to the ground. Do I think 650 is necessary? No, IMO 550 is more than enough, I would have like too see them continue to focus on suspension and getting the weight down.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
... and it could be something of a last harrah for this particular engine platform.

for this particular platform? i think you are right about that. actually i was surprised that they continued with the non-vvt modular for this car

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I think the 2013 certainly improved its "high water mark". The video about Ford using 285 rear tires was very inspiring, It seems like for the first time Ford looked at their engine out and said, Okay we make 650hp how are we going to put it to the ground. Do I think 650 is necessary? No, IMO 550 is more than enough, I would have like too see them continue to focus on suspension and getting the weight down.

Return to irs is supposedly coming in the '15 or at least that's the rumor . . . don't quote me on the certainty

for this particular platform? i think you are right about that. actually i was surprised that they continued with the non-vvt modular for this car

Yeah, I think that surprised a lot of people. You gotta figure there's some cost to Ford in holding over a "legacy" engine platform in terms of the tooling and production. That's why I sort of figure if there is a 2015 GT500 w/ VVTi based engine the power output will likely be down from where it is w/ the outgoing platform and as some folks have suggested the engineers may try to make up the performance difference by reducing the over all mass.

Fuerza

Established Member
Return to irs is supposedly coming in the '15 or at least that's the rumor . . . don't quote me on the certainty

Yeah, I think that surprised a lot of people. You gotta figure there's some cost to Ford in holding over a "legacy" engine platform in terms of the tooling and production. That's why I sort of figure if there is a 2015 GT500 w/ VVTi based engine the power output will likely be down from where it is w/ the outgoing platform and as some folks have suggested the engineers may try to make up the performance difference by reducing the over all mass.

I wont hold it against you. The problem I see is that the S197 chassis that we built in 2005 was designed to support a SRA. I have the feeling the issues that plagued the Cobra's of the previous chassis will carry over into the S197. IMO if you are going to do it, do it right. Scrap the SRA suspension, revamp the S197 chassis and make the Mustang across the board, IRS.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Yes indeed it will be collectible. Just like all the other special mustangs before it. Duh! But it won't be as collectible as a 1969 boss. To say it won't be collectible at all is ignoring history and not a bright eyes idea... As the more evolved apes would say.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Yes indeed it will be collectible. Just like all the other special mustangs before it. Duh! But it won't be as collectible as a 1969 boss. To say it won't be collectible at all is ignoring history and not a bright eyes idea... As the more evolved apes would say.

Do you seriously think a car of over 5000 built per year is collectible ?

Ford has built approx 40,000 GT500's since 2007.

Show me the recent history of the 95 R, the 2000 R, the 94 Indy pace car, the 95 Cobra Convertible, the 95 Cobra convertible Hard top, the 7 UP LX, the 93 feature cars - white and yellow, the 96 Mystic cobra, the 1984 GT350, the list goes on.

The only mustang to do well in the past 25 years is the 93R.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Do you seriously think a car of over 5000 built per year is collectible ?

Ford has built approx 40,000 GT500's since 2007.

Show me the recent history of the 95 R, the 2000 R, the 94 Indy pace car, the 95 Cobra Convertible, the 95 Cobra convertible Hard top, the 7 UP LX, the 93 feature cars - white and yellow, the 96 Mystic cobra, the 1984 GT350, the list goes on.

The only mustang to do well in the past 25 years is the 93R.

Now the 95 Cobra vert hard-top is a rare one indeed. I've actually seen one driving around my area about 10 or so years ago.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
No the 93r is not the only one that retained value over the years... It just happens to be the oldest of the newer collectibles. Using your logic a 1969 boss shouldn't be collectible since over 1000 were produced... Same for the Shelby mustangs. The 95r and 00r still go for above 20 grand mind you. Let's not forget the Saleen s351s either.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The 95r and 00r still go for above 20 grand mind you. Let's not forget the Saleen s351s either.

95R over $35K new, now trading in the high teens low 20's.

2000R $55K new, now trading in high 20's to low 30's.

Saleen 351, aftermarket tuner car, not factory. Apples and oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread