Will I get my car.....

Whill Lethal's car arrive by next Friday?

• Yes!!!! =)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No =(

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TruBlu03

I'm definatley bringing my camera for this. Want to get a full set of shots while it's in pristine condition and almost no miles.

I already told Barry I would be in Friday, just wishful thinking on my part to try and get it tomorrow. I'm finishing an install in WPB and I really don't think they'll let me re-schedule without massive gripping. They get all freaky and twitchy if I'm not there to watch everyone else work :D I do have actual work to do but it won't happen til after hours when everyone is off the system.

If they would have let me do this over the weekend like I wanted I could be driving my Cobra right now! :burnout:

We'll see what shakes out, but I'm 90% certain I won't be able to get it till Friday.

You going to the Oct 8th SVTOA meeting? I want hear the Cobra with the long tubes on it!

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Congrats Lethal, finally, You guys need to be at the meeting on the 8th, I need as many 03's as we can get for the pictures for the SVT Enthusiast.

Balloonmeister

Established Member
Lethal,

Here's my story: I ordered the car in Mar, it was built the week of Sep 9 and left the plant on Sep 28. I did some sleuthing and found out that the car was on a Norfolk Southern railcar (I called VOPC and they finally gave me a railcar number that I tracked down). I then called NS and found out that the train left the Detroit area on Sep 28 headed for KC, where it was swapped to a Union Pacific train. I called UP and they confirmed that my car (by VIN) was on the same rail car and headed for Santa Rosa, NM. I can now track the progress of the arrival of that train in SR via a UP web site (it arrives at 0102 on 10/4). from SR it will be trucked to ABQ. I have already called the truck company at SR and made arrangements for them to expeidte my car over to ABQ, if at all possible, so that I can pick it up on Fri.

You can call VOPC and get the train car number that your car is on and then try to figure out which trains head to FL. Go to google.com and search for your train company and look up under atuomotive. It's amazing how many folks must be calling the trains co's looking for cars as they all seem to have folks specializing in tracking down your car.

Good Luck!

Video

Established Member
:??: been waiting since feb 8th...first one got stolen off the lot before it even got to the dealer!!!! Hearin bout all you guys gettin your cobra's makes me a little sad......:( but lookin on the bright side.... oh...I forgot...there is no bright side..just waiting.....waiting...waiting.....:sleeping:

lethal

Established Member
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Lethal's finally gettin his oh-3,
Happy birthday to me.

To everyone: Thanks for putting up with my ass. From all the misinformation to all the really great talks about what this car would be, I appreciate the news I got from svtperformance.com.

Tomorrow, my Sonic Blue car will be turned loose on South Florida. The streets of Fort Lauderdale will never be the same.

This is the car that I wanted, its mine, and I plan to keep it for a long, long time. I got one of the last cars made in Dearborn and this car is a monster. When the next generation of car comes out, and it is faster or has different features in it -- I'll be a little jealous. But I have to admit, no matter what after tomorrow I'll join the ranks of the SVT owners.

You people rule.

PS. Edz - Your on, I'm in.
PS. Balloon - I'm glad your wait is not much longer!
PS. Coolstang - I guess I'll have to wait to see your car next Tuesday, d'oh.
PS. Video - That sucks, I hope your able to get your car soon!

Last edited:

TruBlu03

Sorry bout that lethal, my client actually wanted to re-schedule before I even asked! :D :D So I picked it up today.

I must say, it is freaking awesome! HAve already experienced the T/C nose dive, kinda freaked me out at first :eek: I will adjust accordingly. Damn nice shifter! Just need to change the handle and to get ride of the squishy feeling. After 60 miles so far I think I got the shifting down now, so so so much better than the tri-az in my GT, not to mentionthe clutch.

Anyways, gotta go drive some more, just popped in to get some food :D

Btw, I saw your car and is was looking sweet :beer:

Barry is da man!

key2you

Established Member
I do feel bad for you guys. I ordered mine in Febuary. I was lucky enough to be the first one in my area (up state ny)to receive my 03. My car came in 6-13-03 and I was notified 6-15-02. My final pick-up date was 6-18-02. It is a hell of a car, isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread