Will I feel a SOTP difference when adding a Magnaflow catback to the FIPK??

ModMike1572

Established Member
I would think so. Most of the people on this forum usually claim they get a pretty good SOTP difference when adding the FIPK along with a catback.
One guy got like 40rwhp pretty recently from just his FIPK.
I can't tell you first hand, cause i went from a stock 360rwhp cobra to a pullied 450rwhp cobra all at once, but this is just from what ive read.
Hope this helps

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I did my CAI first, then my CB. When I added the CB, it almost felt as if I lost some low end TQ (which I may of) because you are freeing up quite a bit of back pressure, but you make up for it on the top end.

Jpjr

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
I did my CAI first, then my CB. When I added the CB, it almost felt as if I lost some low end TQ (which I may of) because you are freeing up quite a bit of back pressure, but you make up for it on the top end.

Yes, in actuality these mods have slightly offsetting effects. Both of them are the best first two mods you can do, however, to unlock the cars stock potential. I don't even really consider them true 'mods', since all your doing is making the car breath easier.

For exhaust, any good aftermarket brand will free up back pressure and result in similar power gains. The real decision should be based on sound!!

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Definitely! Particularly at the top end-- it just keeps going to rev limiter like mad. However, the sound improvement will fog your sensations and you'll think you're going faster even when you're not in gear!

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Originally posted by Jpjr
The real decision should be based on sound!!

Good point! The Flowmaster catback is my favorite sounding exhaust. However, I know it wont give near the gains of the Magnaflow. I like the sound of the the Magnaflow catback but not as much as the Flowmaster. Im torn!:shrug:

brasil: No new word on the tick problem. I believe that SVT is letting this slide by as normal and are doing nothing about it. SVT is not 'investigating" the problem IMO.:fm:

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I actually felt more of a SOTP gain from the FIPK than from after I recently added a Bassani CB. However, the first time I powershifted 2nd after adding the Bassani, the car just wanted to spin the entire gear. That shows me that more power is there even if SOTP isn't so noticeable at lower RPMs. I think torque stays around the same or gets a slight increase but hp goes way up. Getting the car up in the power band is now a fun time. And the sound.... Man, the sound is so wicked it's hard to describe how good it is. FIPK and CB are two mods that I highly recommend to anyone. :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
As was said earlier in the thread you will feel most of the gain up top. Pulls to redline quicker and it feels much better and the engine revs noticeably freer too.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
As was said earlier in the thread you will feel most of the gain up top. Pulls to redline quicker and it feels much better and the engine revs noticeably freer too.

Hey Mr. Moderator, what catback are you running? :)

x14

Established Member
Originally posted by SilverCobra04
The Flowmaster catback is my favorite sounding exhaust. However, I know it wont give near the gains of the Magnaflow. I like the sound of the the Magnaflow catback but not as much as the Flowmaster. Im torn!:shrug:

I had Magnaflow catback on my 2002 GT. It sounded great until I put on the Magnaflow X-pipe. After the X-pipe install it has too raspy and too loud.

I was recommended a MAC catback for my Cobra. Am loving it. From time to time I do set off a car alarm.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Originally posted by x14
I had Magnaflow catback on my 2002 GT. It sounded great until I put on the Magnaflow X-pipe. After the X-pipe install it has too raspy and too loud.

I was recommended a MAC catback for my Cobra. Am loving it. From time to time I do set off a car alarm.

If you had your car dyno'ed, how much power are you putting to the wheels with your mods? Also, how many miles did you dyno with? Thanks..

Big turkey

Established Member
I had an Bassani catted X and a FIPK for about a week and a half on my car. It felt great. Then i added the catback.. and low end was a little lost but the sound is awesome. Now the top end is insane. The car breathes better, and you can even hear it. IMO, a stock catback chokes the car.. you can even hear it choking it when you're doing a top speed run.

I can feel it especially in 4th gear in the top RPM band.. it never stops pulling.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
The first mods I did on my Silver '04 were the Steeda CAI, Magnaflow catback and Accufab TB. You will definitely feel the additional power. I dynoed 413/389 with those mods about three weeks after I bought the car.
You will like it!!

Users who are viewing this thread