Will Ford try to dethrone Ferrari for most N/A V8 hp

kaz109

Established Member
Not missing the point. The point is that nobody cares. I own three cars with more hp than the gt350 will have. Ford could try to dethrone Ferrari's n/a record, and I could give a shit. Seeing as how I'm in the market for a new fast car soon, and I could easily buy the new gt350, my views are an example of what prospective buyers are thinking. I brought up my crammed c6z, because it drives smoother than my gtr. Most of the time I forget it's cammed. If gm/ford could figure out a way to get a similar motor to pass emissions, the record could fall easily. I still wouldn't care.

Modern day forced induction motors are the way to go. Look at the number of cars pushing 500+ with turbos. Maybe Lexus should go after the record with their rc-f. 5.0 liter with 467hp, and probably quiet as a mouse.

I also could easily buy a GT350 and I care. F.I are not the way to go for all as some of us car more about motor and driving characteristics more than just how much power a car makes. I for one track cars more than a few times a year and care how the power is made not so much how much power it has

truefiveo

Established Member
Doesn't matter, no one will ever duplicate that genuine Ferrari feel and sound that comes out of those engines.

When it comes to NA engine's power and sound.

Ferrari>All

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really don't think that Ford cares to top Ferrari (or MB) for the highest HP, NA V8, as a goal. I believe Ford will continue to pursue a V8 configuration making more than adequate power AND provide reliability and longevity. JMO.

natedog_1959

Established Member
Let's not forget about the most amazing NA engine ever put in a production car. The 6.1 L BMW V12 in the McLaren F1 LM made 680 HP, in 1995!

I know it hasn't been made for almost 20 years, but it's still the king.

Nate

steeltoe

Established Member
Let's not forget about the most amazing NA engine ever put in a production car. The 6.1 L BMW V12 in the McLaren F1 LM made 680 HP, in 1995!

I know it hasn't been made for almost 20 years, but it's still the king.

Nate
That's V-12 not a V-8. I had forgotten about the SLS Black when I made the thread.

mavisky

Established Member
Guys, FOMOCO isn't some tuner shop looking to set hp/liter records. Have they stress tested the 5.2 FPC to above it's horsepower rating, but they're not going to invest millions to develop a motor solely to set the record for hp/liter.

kaz109

Established Member
There are a lot of ppl replying in this thread that have a hard time reading the title of this thread lol...Not V12, Not V10, Not F.I. V8....... NA V8 is the topic ppl lol

Users who are viewing this thread