Will be doing some testing with this...

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That torque is really up there. I'm running 15.55 lbs boost on stock unported eaton. 2.6 upper and 10% lower. My numbers are 573/575. Have 1 7/8 long tubes also, so maybe why my torque is a little lower. Maybe dyno differences.... but 61 lbs of torque difference on same boost is big. Nice job!

Last edited:

bossnova3

Established Member
Very interested on this setup is it available and if so how much and where to get it!!!!!
Wanted it yesterday!!!!!

Greg@RET

Established Member
Sorry guys, the machine shop has been lagging. I will try to get this stuff back ASAP.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Interesting. Would be even more interesting if you could increase the speed of the snout gears without decreasing the pulley size so much... "wink wink".

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic. I want my cake and want to eat it too. I want my port done by Posi, but I want to be able swap the snout to something like Greg's snout with an overdrive step up gear system in it like the Snakebite so I don't have to run a lower.
I just got a lower off of E-bay though so I guess it doesn't matter anymore...

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic. I want my cake and want to eat it too. I want my port done by Posi, but I want to be able swap the snout to something like Greg's snout with an overdrive step up gear system in it like the Snakebite so I don't have to run a lower.
I just got a lower off of E-bay though so I guess it doesn't matter anymore...

I wanted Posi's race port with Steggy;s Snakebite, but Steggy said he wouldn't do the Snakebite on a posi ported blower. I was one of the first with Steggy's new Stage 6 port, which is neck and neck with Posi's race port IMO. The only problem is I'm running a 2.85" pulley with the snakebite and I'm at 18-18.5lbs of boost with 1-7/8" headers, 3" O/R X-pipe, 3" Magnaflow Magnapacks, ported lower intake, etc. I have all the possible things done cause less restriction and lower the boost, so if you did the Snakebite you could only go 2.85", maybe 2.8" if you're lucky. You'd blow up the eaton with a 2.2" or even a 2.6" IMO. If it held up, it'd be a ticking time bomb. Either way, doing the snakebite or lower, you'll see similar HP gains, I just preferred the Snakebite for the stock look. Good luck with your setup.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
No doubt your numbers are impressive bro, I just can't bring myself to spend money on a Steggy anything at this point. The Stage this and Stage that and torque plate with snakebite with flux capacitor crap has just gotten so old. Add that to the federal government like secrets and hit and run forum posts and I've just gotten tired of their game.
I like the fact that Brian ports his blowers one way, the best way. He doesn't charge his customers more for a complete and thorough job because every job is a complete and thorough job.
I had a steggy stage IV a couple years ago on my Cobra and while it performed well, I'd a had to send that thing back 3 times since then to upgrade this or that and would have paid three times as much as Posi's one and done port.

Either way, I can't wait to see the results from this snout Greg is working on. Should be very interesting and if it's cheaper than the lower pulley option, it will definitely make lots a people happy.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
No doubt your numbers are impressive bro, I just can't bring myself to spend money on a Steggy anything at this point. The Stage this and Stage that and torque plate with snakebite with flux capacitor crap has just gotten so old. Add that to the federal government like secrets and hit and run forum posts and I've just gotten tired of their game.
I like the fact that Brian ports his blowers one way, the best way. He doesn't charge his customers more for a complete and thorough job because every job is a complete and thorough job.
I had a steggy stage IV a couple years ago on my Cobra and while it performed well, I'd a had to send that thing back 3 times since then to upgrade this or that and would have paid three times as much as Posi's one and done port.

Either way, I can't wait to see the results from this snout Greg is working on. Should be very interesting and if it's cheaper than the lower pulley option, it will definitely make lots a people happy.

Yea, I understand where you're coming from. I've have had no issues with Steggy and they worked with me on the pricing as well. I've had issues with shops, while others haven't and they swear by that shop. To each his own, as long as it puts out the numbers safely, then it's good in my book.

BTW make sure you have top notch cooling mods if you're planning on spinning the piss out of your eaton before you do any increase in boost, otherwise it's a waste of money because it'll only be good for about one run then heatsoak will rape you of power horribly.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yep, I already have the Revan Racing heat exchanger with dual fans and a Roush extra capacity intercooler tank (which honestly should have come on these cars from the factory for the $60 it cost)... I will most likely grab a 170* thermostat this spring and eventually a Revan radiator but that's on the back burner for now until I rebuild the mod budget. I just finished the suspension and I'm waiting to order anything else to see if I need fuel system upgrades with the upper / lower combo.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I've also had great service by Stieg. I have run his multi change drive unit with 2.2 upper and the I.W. lower pulley with no problems for two years. This combo has over 100 passes at the track and runs pretty consistent as long as you ice between each round. The car puts down consistent 10.60's and I think I have the mph record on this forum for a factory ported blower with a135.54. Before you complain about stiegs pricing give him a call, tell him what your trying to achieve and he will work with you. Personally I like the fact that he is always testing and improving his product.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^No, the car will stop making power way before then. You spin it hard enough and your hp peak will drastically start to lower in the rpm range and it will fall off really fast afterwards.

Typically Eaton's don't lock up from spinning them to fast.

Greg@RET

Established Member
I wish I had some news guys. The guy doing the machine work seemed to fall off the map :shrug: I am trying to get a hold of him about this...

Users who are viewing this thread