Will be doing some testing with this...

Greg@RET

Established Member
Doing some testing on this either this week or next. Depends on when we can get to it.

IMG_20101202_134845.gif

IMG_20101202_134934.gif

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Let me know if you want another test mule. I daily drive mine and it's a stock eaton with everything you can possibly do to it...Wouldn't hurt to have more oil running through it. What would the cost of this be? ballpark figures would be just fine.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Let me know if you want another test mule. I daily drive mine and it's a stock eaton with everything you can possibly do to it...Wouldn't hurt to have more oil running through it. What would the cost of this be? ballpark figures would be just fine.

Thanks for the offer, but we have a couple locally :beer: Pricing isn't ready yet, want to finish up the testing first. Will be showing before/after dyno graphs with boost and a/f printouts. I think there is actually a thread on one of the test cars, I will dig it up.

**edit** video of the test car we will be using is on the second page along with his old numbers. I will post another video once we finish bolting on the set up above. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...494-introduction-pics-shelby-pics-info-2.html

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
So will this snout with the 2.2 upper and the IW 10% lower spin the eaton too fast?

Daddys GT500

Established Member
okay Greg...I will be the village idoit here...besides increased oil capacity, what are the other advanges over stock and a smaller pully??

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
okay Greg...I will be the village idoit here...besides increased oil capacity, what are the other advanges over stock and a smaller pully??

Easy to change pulleys, just like the whipple and kenne bell. With the stock snout, you can't change pulleys, you can only rip one off and render it unusable pretty much unless you're very careful. So you can put a 3" pulley on for daily driving and when you go to the track slap on a 2.2" pulley with race gas without an issue. That's one of the big pluses about this setup. Only if kenne bell came out with a snout kit for our stock superchargers like they did for the ford gt supercharger. That'd be nice.

Greg@RET

Established Member

Obviously it will be able to run more boost, but for warranty concerns you can just bolt your other snout back on and your stock pulley isn't touched.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Obviously it will be able to run more boost, but for warranty concerns you can just bolt your other snout back on and your stock pulley isn't touched.

I am a bit uneducated on this, but the larger snout just means larger oil capacity, or does it also add to the displacement of the s/c as well? More volume to fill with air or is the snout strictly for oil?

Greg@RET

Established Member
Finally getting around to do some testing on this. Last time I tuned the car it made 544/547 with a 2.65" pulley. We bolted on the new front drive and started out with the 2.6" pulley. First pull (no tuning adjustments made at all) made 552/572. So it made a peak gain of 8HP and 25tq, at 4k rpms it picked up 22hp and 29tq. The entire curve picked up, I will get that graph up later. Boost was at 11.76# and with the new pulley it went to 12.4#

IMG_20110112_121004.gif

We are currently bolting on a aux. idler pulley and the 2.4" pulley. More results coming up!

Greg@RET

Established Member
Aux. idler and 2.4" pulley results- 564/594 on 13.7# of boost. Thats a gain of peak 19hp and 47tq. compared to the 2.6" pulley it rolled in on. At 4k rpms it gained 37hp/49tq through the curve from the hit to 5.5k rpms.

IMG_20110112_140713.gif

Users who are viewing this thread