Will a tune for a 2011 Shelby work on a 2010 shelby??

griz_83ho

Established Member
Long story short I finally did a stage 3 kb2.8 swap on my 2010 Shelby and added 72lb injectors. I purchased all the parts from a guy who returned his 2011 back to stock to trade in. With all the parts he also gave me a sct handheld programmer with the tunes on it for his 2011 Shelby and the current set up I have now on my 2010. Will this work fine for my 2010? I'm basically looking for just a base tune right now and am planning on having it dyno tuned in the future. thanks in advance.
Kris

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Long story short I finally did a stage 3 kb2.8 swap on my 2010 Shelby and added 72lb injectors. I purchased all the parts from a guy who returned his 2011 back to stock to trade in. With all the parts he also gave me a sct handheld programmer with the tunes on it for his 2011 Shelby and the current set up I have now on my 2010. Will this work fine for my 2010? I'm basically looking for just a base tune right now and am planning on having it dyno tuned in the future. thanks in advance.
Kris

No,

They would have used different strategies to write the tune. More often than not, GUF7 is the one that is used on 2010. GFD3 is the one for 2011. The '11 has onboard wideband O2s, you car doesn't.
Just buy an email tune for your particular car. Lund probably did the one for the K-B. I don't know how much their tunes are. Ours start at $299 for your config.

bj

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if your cars were the same year, you still shouldn't use the same tune. Maybe then you could use his tune as a basis for yours, but definitely not the exact same tune.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if your cars were the same year, you still shouldn't use the same tune. Maybe then you could use his tune as a basis for yours, but definitely not the exact same tune.

while yes every car is different it really depends on mods. When i did a power package (2.6 pulley, JLT intake) from evolution i installed the tune they sent and didnt look back i was right at 11.4 a/f, but after installing a KB and ordering a lund tune i have been doing data logs and sending them in for a tune adjustment to get dialed in.

nxhappy

Established Member
the answer is no.

Contact VMP to get a tune for your specific mods.

Users who are viewing this thread