Will 03 stock wheels fit with 00R Brembo brake kit??

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
That's my nice 32 bay shop with a/c for my Toy.....Looks better than a Ford shop....haha

Last edited:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but spend your $$ on rotors, pads, cooling ducts, and braided brake lines if you truly want to upgrade your braking system. The calipers are not a weak link, so don't spend your money there if performance is what you are really wanting.

:thumbsup: I am one step closer....00R cooling ducts are on the way also..

We little 03 guys want to grow up have the 00R brakes tooooo:coolman:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Speaking of braided lines did you see that MM is coming out with lines made by stop-tech that have a clear urethane covering on the lines to protect them from abrasions and banjo fittings. I am waiting for those.

What rotors and pads are you recommending? I tried the Autozone PFC Z pads, but had a problem. On my passenger side inside pad it was about 1/8" larger then the stock pads and was going off the grind and hitting the un-surfaced area. This was causing a bad vibration that took me a while to find. I took them off today and went back to the stock pads until I figure out what to do. Which I have to do fast since I have seasoned rotors covered in carbon metallic and the stock pads are going to work worse then before because of the carbon. I noticed on the stock pads it was hitting the off grind area also, but no where near as much so the impact is not noticeable. I think this might also be part of the cause with the pull if anybody else has the same condition happening. I really don’t like hawk and somebody else was talking about greenstuff pads, but I don’t know where to get them.

No, I havn't heard anything about these new lines, show us pics when you get them. :beer:

I really don't have a strong recommendation on rotors and pads other than to say to buy the good stuff. I personally use the two piece floating rotor setup from Brembo on my track car, but that is pretty expensive and overkill for anything less than a hard track driven car.
Same thing with pads, I do like Hawk Blues and have a friend that has just tried the HT10's and had very good opinions of them also. The grade or model of pad is probly more of a question than what brand, but it seems I keep gravitating back to the blues more and more.
I just bought a set of Carbon Metalic pads (don't remember which ones, just bought them on a recomendation) which I have high hopes for, but will wait to install till I go to Road America in sept.(very hard on brakes)
Just to give you an idea, I get about two weekends out of a set of pads (aprox 500 track miles)

Brian

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
:thumbsup: I am one step closer....00R cooling ducts are on the way also..

We little 03 guys want to grow up have the 00R brakes tooooo:coolman:

Just for yours and everyone elses's information. Terry M from the R forum ran both the PBR's and Brembo's on his 95R, and actually liked the PBR setup better. This is from an expierienced track person with comperable pads between the two.
I like the Brembo's because it is so much easier to change pads and the compatability of pads between my cars. If you do have the Brembo calipers, order pads for a Viper, they are the same pad for the same price and will fit a Mustang with Brembo calipers just fine. (more for your $$)

Brian

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
No, I havn't heard anything about these new lines, show us pics when you get them. :beer:

This is what they look like.
MMBK1F_lg.jpg

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Any Suggested Retail Price yet on the braided hoses? They look sweet.

They have the Fox body kits availably and they are
Mustang Front Hose Kit $77.95
Rear Hose Kit $49.95
Complete Kit $121.51

The urethane covering will be worth its perfect for a street car as that is the biggest concern with SS lines dirt getting between the braid and rubbing.

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I have the Brembo 00R kit and it is night and day compared to stock...More than enough for me, I also have the Slotted Rotors in the rear from Brembo. I've always liked Brembo over the rest...just a very reputable company...if they were to fail(which I highly doubt) i'll just stp up to their 14' 2-Piece Rotors.

Bingo13

Established Member
I really don’t like hawk and somebody else was talking about greenstuff pads, but I don’t know where to get them.

Glad you found the problem. :D

I try to stick with the Porterfield R4-S pads for the street and autocross, this is after trying the PFC-Z, Hawk HPS, and EBC V2 Reds. The EBCs are a good pad and you can get them at www.tirerack.com or www.brakesrus.com.

Bingo13

Established Member
Hey Bingo where do you get the Porterfield R4-S?

I just go directly to Porterfield. They cost a couple of extra dollars but I never had any problems with delivery or the right pads.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Any Suggested Retail Price yet on the braided hoses? They look sweet.

I just talked to Chris at MM today and they are ordered and should receiving them in 1-2 weeks and they will retail for 79.95 they are MMBK3F for the 03.

Users who are viewing this thread