Will 03 stock wheels fit with 00R Brembo brake kit??

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
:bash: I ordered the 00R Brembo front brake kit today but like a dumb Sh*t I didn't think about the wheel clearance....Will my 03 stock wheels fit????

Thanks for the help :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yes it will.... U didnt get the one from Steeda/Brembo set up did u?
Think there combo was the 14" rotors & i thought u needed the 18" rims for them.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
:rolling: Great news!!!No Steeda kit.... Thanks for the info Poisonous Mods....Ford kit M2300X from Gene Evans Ford. Do you have 00R kit ??

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Yes it will.... U didnt get the one from Steeda/Brembo set up did u?
Think there combo was the 14" rotors & i thought u needed the 18" rims for them.

They have two combos one that is the 00R is the 13" rotors the other that is the 14" that requires 18" rims. I would buy the wilwood or stop-tech kits before the Brembo for the money I have heard some good things about them. The major thing about the 13" 00R kit is they are known to have heat failures with the hats if you are open tracking the car hard.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Let us know how it works out. I know thats something that I would like to do. I think most people just forget about the brakes.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
So the 13" still not good? My stock ones are already pretty bad. Its not even a 2 minute run down hill with about 16 turns. All turns have various turn speeds that by the end of the hill my brake are smoking.

What the heck is at hat?:shrug:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
They have two combos one that is the 00R is the 13" rotors the other that is the 14" that requires 18" rims. I would buy the wilwood or stop-tech kits before the Brembo for the money I have heard some good things about them. The major thing about the 13" 00R kit is they are known to have heat failures with the hats if you are open tracking the car hard.

Where did you get the info that the rotor failures were caused by heat?

I have never heard of a brembo rotor breaking with street tires of any kind. All that I have heard (first hand, from the driver) has been with track tires. (hoosiers mostly, making me think it is a stress issue)

Brian

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

I have never heard of a brembo rotor breaking with street tires of any kind. All that I have heard (first hand, from the driver) has been with track tires. (hoosiers mostly, making me think it is a stress issue)

Brian

Here is some pictures of a Brembo hat failure.
Image10.jpg

Image19.jpg

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
03Cobra Toy i dont yet...but learned a lot from the last thread...thanx to Cobra-R & his fellow track friends.

But what id like to know what is a hat?

But isnt the Brembo Kit good enough for ruff driving in streets VS the OEM crap we got?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
I paid $995 for the Brembo kit, Wilwood was $1300 just for the calipers and brake lines.... I know about the one piece rotor problem and if I start doing lots of track events I will get the 2 piece setup....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
I paid $995 for the Brembo kit, Wilwood was $1300 just for the calipers and brake lines.... I know about the one piece rotor problem and if I start doing lots of track events I will get the 2 piece setup....

Summit has them with 6-piston calipers and 2-piece 13" rotors for 1248 including everything except the SS hoses.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Where are the cooling duct ?? Also that pic has the 2 piston caliper that may not transfer heat as well as the 4 piston caliper ??? Who knows???

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member

Brian

There use to be a lot of threads about this on Corner-Carvers, but it looks like they cleaned house and a lot of the old threads are gone. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are running very hard with race pads and tires.

Cobra-R

Established Member
There use to be a lot of threads about this on Corner-Carvers, but it looks like they cleaned house and a lot of the old threads are gone. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are running very hard with race pads and tires.

Ok, I was curious that you may have some info that I hadn't seen/heard. If it was blamed on heat over on cc's, I guess I didn't see those discussions.
Every indication I had was it is a result of weight and possible flex caused by the combination of weight and sticky tires.

Brian,
I am very aware of the failures, three failures have happend with 00R owners in the R forum, all four failures that I have heard of, have all been at the same track. (Hallet)

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Summit has them with 6-piston calipers and 2-piece 13" rotors for 1248 including everything except the SS hoses.
:beer:

Do you have a link ?
I wanted wilwood first but the cost was out of range when they told me the rotors were a option :shrug:

Thanks for all the help guys....Check out my suspension on the WWW link.....

Cobra-R

Established Member
Guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but spend your $$ on rotors, pads, cooling ducts, and braided brake lines if you truly want to upgrade your braking system. The calipers are not a weak link, so don't spend your money there if performance is what you are really wanting.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
:beer:

Do you have a link ?
I wanted wilwood first but the cost was out of range when they told me the rotors were a option :shrug:

Thanks for all the help guys....Check out my suspension on the WWW link.....

What's up with all the bugs? I have full MM suspension on mine except for the k-member.

Here is the link.
Wilwood Brakes

The picture is not right here is the PDF for that kit and the caliper part is Billet Superlite 6R which I am sure is the 6-piston caliper.
Wilwood Kit

This is the kit I believe KHsonic03 has and he bought it from Summit.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but spend your $$ on rotors, pads, cooling ducts, and braided brake lines if you truly want to upgrade your braking system. The calipers are not a weak link, so don't spend your money there if performance is what you are really wanting.

Speaking of braided lines did you see that MM is coming out with lines made by stop-tech that have a clear urethane covering on the lines to protect them from abrasions and banjo fittings. I am waiting for those.

What rotors and pads are you recommending? I tried the Autozone PFC Z pads, but had a problem. On my passenger side inside pad it was about 1/8" larger then the stock pads and was going off the grind and hitting the un-surfaced area. This was causing a bad vibration that took me a while to find. I took them off today and went back to the stock pads until I figure out what to do. Which I have to do fast since I have seasoned rotors covered in carbon metallic and the stock pads are going to work worse then before because of the carbon. I noticed on the stock pads it was hitting the off grind area also, but no where near as much so the impact is not noticeable. I think this might also be part of the cause with the pull if anybody else has the same condition happening. I really don’t like hawk and somebody else was talking about greenstuff pads, but I don’t know where to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread