Wife's silver '11 V6

andymarkv

Established Member
z28th1s inspired me;
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ew-2011-race-red-mustang-few-subtle-mods.html
and I talked my wife into selling her mostly stock '00 5sp GT and got a '11 V6 6sp car.

It is the premium with comfort package, (heated seats/power driver & passenger) spoiler and 3.31 gears.
It is a very nice car! At first I hated it....but the PCM calibration is just that weird drive-by-wire vague made for emissions/mpg crap! I'm figuring out my tune options now.
I think once that is straight, I will love it. When even my wife says its hard to drive fast....it needs help!

Here's some pics
DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

I screwed around with some other wheels and tires..... I should have waited until I could get pics outside....garage pics suck. But its always dark cold and snowy in the north east! At least we haven't seen the snow like some of you!

My GT500 wheels/stock F1 tires
DSC01100.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

Couple of 17" bullitts with 275/40/17 nitto 555r's. They look bad because the sidewalls are about 2"s shorter than the others.
DSC01115.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
We are about in the center of PA, just above the border.
Looks like the city and coast seems to be taking the pounding this time!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Well Andy, I'm glad my wife and I could be some sort of inspiration for you guys!! :beer:

The car looks nice and will with the mods you have in mind will look and perform even better!!

I think the GT500 wheels look pretty good on the car and the Bullits would look good also with the proper height tire on them!!

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
I think its way faster than her '00 GT...
But the tune is so crappy I can barely stand to drive it.
If you zing it up to 6000 it takes almost 2 full seconds for the RPM to drop. It just hangs there. Which is fine if you're trying to bang second hard, but it makes it tough to drive it fast, but smooth.

I haven't gotten too many miles on it. Its pretty dang quick when you hammer on it, but just normal driving it feels lame and soggy, even with the 3.31's.
But as I said before, most drive-by-wire cars are that way. Hell, my GT500 felt lame stock. Just a tune and CAI fixed that, I'm hoping the same will happen with this car.
I never expected it to be equal to a new 5 liter, but I think it should be better than it is. If the weather cooperates, I should know more tomorrow.

Like I said, if my wife OK'd a tune after driving it 5 miles.... It needs a little help!
I think its a great car overall and most people are pretty pleased with the results after a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread