Wife's New Ride-Ruby Red Fusion

Fooln Ya

Established Member
We finally decided to trade in the wife's Mazda for something better on fuel (hopefully). We had a '08 Cx-7 Gran Touring, FULLY loaded, awd, and boosted. Fun crossover, plenty peppy for its size (beat a couple NE v6's and BLASTED my brothers pi-intake swapped, cai, tb, plenum t-bird), but due to whatever, it was only getting about 11.5 mpg!!!!

So, we have moved on to a '13 Fusion SE. It has the baby 1.6l EB, appearance package that consists of the wheels and spoiler, and that's about it as far as fancy options. It is pretty nicely optioned as standard features, so we were happy.

After x-plan and rebates, we got the car for a little over $23k. This is a LOT of car for that price tag! Oh so sexy and comfortable, I can't wait to take a road trip in this thing! Now I get to keep the miles of the mustang :banana:

'Nuff talking, here's a couple pics. I haven't snapped any of the interior, or with a real camera for that matter, but the pics are good enough to show off the color and car.

2013-04-11144331_zps34778264.jpg

2013-04-11162256_zps6d62a35f.jpg

2013-04-11154714_zps741cf998.jpg

Hate the front plates!
2013-04-11162318_zpsbfd95c3e.jpg

2013-04-11162339_zps5b61b4a5.jpg

2013-04-11162406_zpse10c6de8.jpg

2013-04-11150402_zpscd0937a2.jpg

Last edited:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thank you sir! I'd rather have gotten the bigger 2.0, but we were stretching it on what we could afford, after getting raped on our trade (lost $7400). The only gripe she has is it doesn't have leather, but I convinced her we could just add it in another year or so.

The ONLY things I can find I don't like about the car. The minor one is I wish it had the 'dual exhaust' like the Titanium models do. The big one is the windshield wipers, lol. They don't go side to side, they go in and out, like the old minivans. Very very minor, I LOVE the car so far!

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Thank you sir! I'd rather have gotten the bigger 2.0, but we were stretching it on what we could afford, after getting raped on our trade (lost $7400). The only gripe she has is it doesn't have leather, but I convinced her we could just add it in another year or so.

The ONLY things I can find I don't like about the car. The minor one is I wish it had the 'dual exhaust' like the Titanium models do. The big one is the windshield wipers, lol. They don't go side to side, they go in and out, like the old minivans. Very very minor, I LOVE the car so far!

Yeah it seems to be an awesome car! Her parents bought it for her because she's graduating college and her parents are pretty well off.. Haha. So by all means I let them do it! It'll be great to have a basically new car that's completely paid off when we get married. I'm just ready to drive the thing now! They're great looking cars! Have fun with that thing man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking car. Ford did well with the Fusion, especially the Titanium model. What's that apple logo on the left side of the rear?

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Nice looking car. Ford did well with the Fusion, especially the Titanium model. What's that apple logo on the left side of the rear?
Yes, the Titanium model is REAL nice! Ford has stepped their game up in both styling and performance departments. That stupid little apple logo is from the dealer "Apple Ford of Lynchburg". It's coming off today!

I'm guessing she's a teacher?
Lol why'd you guess that? She's an insurance agent for Nationwide. She normally she smiles from ear to ear, but she's battling a relapse from her MS that has temporarily paralyzed the left side of her face, amongst other things. She couldn't even drive her first brand new car off the lot. :(

Wow. Upsidedown a little?

Probably not the smartest idea.

Yeeeeeaaahhhh we were a little upside down lol. That and the dealer were just being cheapskates about it. But if we're gonna be upside down, might as well be in a nice car we really like! :beer:

Why is the aftermarket leather a bad idea? Im seriously curious, as I don't have any experience with aftermarket interior work, nor have I heard any horror stories. She wants to add a sunroof down the road too, but I'm more leary of that than the leather.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I thought you guys had added the "apple decal". It was obviously not a Mac logo, so I thought Teacher. I've seen similar stickers here for teachers. My apologies.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I see said the blindman! no need for apologies.... she does look mean in the pic like an old school teacher lol. The mean look was why i felt the need to explain. No worries!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I give your car my seal of approval!

LOL

Looks great!

E

PS More pics of said wife?

Fooln Ya

Established Member
looks nice man

Thanks sir! :beer:

I give your car my seal of approval!

LOL

Looks great!

E

PS More pics of said wife?
Thanks man! It's not very ballsy, but does what its meant to do, look great while sipping fuel!

p.s yea yea yea :beer:

Great deal and nice Aston! Congrats!

It was a great deal before the incentives. Sticker was $26,3xx, so the xplan and incentives knocked off right at $3k. VERY nice car for the money!

You know better than that on SVTP....pics of wife sir....
Yes, yes I do. I've been working on her about letting me take some 'good' pics for the wives/gf thread. She's Anything but an exhibitionist per se, but I think she was slightly intrigued about it. Ima keep working on it! :banana:

Looks great, I think Ford did a really nice job with most of their new models

I do to. Some of them are kinda....meh.... but the Fusions and Focuses are 2 big winners. The Taurus doesn't do much for me unless in the SHO trim, I'd LOVE to have one of those as a dd. I don't like the slight changes to the stangs they made, but they are still very nice and perform very well for the money.

Here's a couple pics I found of the wife. I'll save any 'good' ones for the other thread. :beer:

024.jpg

100_0067.jpg

100_0340.jpg

20110716234939_zps236a459f.jpg

2012-01-28192811_zps78a59a95.jpg

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Great looking car- I'm sure the fuel economy is awesome!! Now on to the leather and sunroof. If you look at the sticker prices for those items they are usually cheaper, often by quite a bit, than the aftermarket. Last time I priced aftermarket sunroofs they were over a grand. If you do the work yourself on the interior you might be able to get close to the prices on the sticker- best bet would be to keep an eye out for a wrecked one and swap the interior out of it.

All in all I think you made out fine though. Just get some really nice seat covers and it will be fine. Plus my personal opinion is sunroofs are overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread