Wife wants a Range Rover, opinions wanted...

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Yes its a big NO on a Range Rover. I know 2 people who bought them for their wives including my former boss and they were both total nightmares. You name it these vehicles had that problem. Stay far away. What cars do the British make that run....lol. Oh forgot about the Sunbeam Tigers.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
That is definitely not true. Vehicles are more complex than ever and Range Rovers still suck. They're for rich people that are worried about image. if I was given a brand new one I'd sell it to one of those idiots.

Personally its one of my favorite SUV's on the road.

granted I haven't heard them to be the most reliable vehicles but most of those are probably early generation ones.

Id say in 2018 pretty much everything is reliable essentially. imo it says u got some loot and driving one is like driving a Mercedes as far as image goes. cause they aint cheap. their quite the beast in the snow or off road but don't know too many people who take a $110k vehicle "Off-Roading".

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
wow, and I thought I had it bad with my '16 Ex Sport. 12 trips to the dealer in 18 months (only 11,500 miles) for warranty repairs with another scheduled visit next month!

ashleyanoonan

Last two weeks I’ve been looking for a suv and the Range Rover sport had way less than its competitors at a higher price. I bought an Audi Q5. I do like rivers but it’s not worth the price. Maintenance and Warrenty wasn’t as good and I know there expensive to up-keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
If a range rover, make sure you have a warranty.....

FWIW, we have had 4 X3's and 4 X5's over the last ~15 years (currently have 08 X3 and 16 X5), and have had good luck with them. We have both leased and bought. One advantage if new, regular maintenance is included in the price (oil etc) for something like 4 years 50k miles, with loaner cars.

08mojo

Established Member
I agree they are a good looking vehicle, but they are mostly a status symbol. If that's important to her, it looks like you will be buying a Range Rover. If that's not important, spend your money on something with better value and reliability.

CV355

_
Established Member
Range Rover

giphy.gif

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems to be hit or miss on quality from RR.
My wife knows some people with those trucks.
Husband and wife traded in their cars for the RR(forget what model but up there on trim). The wifes truck had nothing but issues so far. Electrical, mechincal etc... Total PITA, not sure if it was lemoned or not. The husbands truck has been perfect so far.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Well this thread has solved my problem as well.
Wife recently decided she likes the 2013+ sport

Showed her this, she no longer likes them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The ONLY way I would own a Range Rover is if it was under full factory warranty. Most Range Rover buyers trade them in for a new one right before running out of warranty; because they spend 12-15% of your ownership in the shop.

One of my very good friends runs Land Rover North Dade down in Miami...he says they're junk and wouldn't own one without a warranty.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I voted loaded 4Runner.

It's the only vehicle you can buy new and pretty much sell immediately for the same or more money.

And 10 years later, it'll only be worth a few thousand less than what you paid. Ridiculousauce.

blownfox

Established Member
Do you have a catch can on your sport. I installed a catch can (JLT) on my wifes sport and every time we started it the oil smell was very strong. We just received either a recall or TSB for the exhaust smell. I believe it noted a HVAC reprogram.

We normally use my truck but when we replace the sport it will be with the SRT 8 GC. If you have a big family you cannot beat a Tahoe.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Where i live in FL they are more popular/seen most on the road than a Rav4/CRV... they look great they all seem to be leased, but i see the same 25 of them day in and day out so i know the 08-13 body style had their issues as well as the ones before but these new ones i think are built better and should last a little longer. Me personally if you want that truck i would lease it and then dump it after that.

If you want to buy something id stick along the lines of Loaded Jeep, Mercedes GLE (ML), etc. I am a big fan of the new Navigator one of the most beautiful SUVs that FOMOCO finally came out with. New expedition is also nice looking. Also i have been seeing the New SRT Durango here and they are mean looking.

Goodluck either way , fwiw i drove the new Jaguar little SUV. It was the Sport version (R?) and it flew, sounded great, smooth ride, nice inside, the owner said he hated it but i liked it alot, not a lot of legroom in the back seat for the kids or fullsize adults. I am comparing that to the Rover as it is very similar in drivetrain and build parts

Users who are viewing this thread