Wife Hates My Shelby!

SVTKen

Established Member
My wife hates my GT500. Does anyone else have a wife or significant other that doesn't like your Shelby?

It seems crazy to me, but many people, my wife included, just don't get cars like the Shelby. She likes boring cars and is perfectly happy driving her minivan everywhere. She also yells at me if I push the throttle more than just a little bit.

Here complaints include the firm ride, exhaust sound, and manual transmission. These are all the things that I like most about the Shelby. She's only been in it two times since I purchased it on January 1st, once for a short cruise on some smooth roads near our house, and a second longer (25 minute) cruise over some rougher surfaces.

She does think it looks cool, but that's it.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
My wife is happy to ride or race with me in any of my cars (past or present) but I can't say she actually prefers to take mine over any of our others. She asks to go cruising around at night some times at 2am just to get out of the house, and she doesn't mind me being a little irresponsible with it now and then, but she's still pretty indifferent about it.

SVTKen

Established Member
I get what I want and she gets what she wants. It's a pretty simple way to make a marriage work. She doesn't have to like it, and I don't care what she or anyone else thinks. That's why I bought a Shelby and not a CTS-V, BMW M5, or Merceces E63 AMG, any of which she would have been happier with and would have impressed friends and co-workers more. I will NEVER drive a Camry or anything like that.

So everyone here has wives/GFs that like high-performance cars? I've never met any chick that gives a rats ass about cars.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Trade in the wife and buy whipple for the GT500.

Two nipples beat a whipple every time. Sorry, couldn't resist... To the OP, your wife is unlikely to borrow, and crash your baby so consider yourself fortunate. I happen to enjoy the mileage of our gutless little Fiesta - it makes me look forward to the drives in the Shelby...

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
My wife drives it more than I do and insisted on the Borla ATAK axle backs so it would be louder. She is also 50 years young.

Myfast70

Established Member
So everyone here has wives/GFs that like high-performance cars? I've never met any chick that gives a rats ass about cars.

I do! :banana: My wife absolutely loves the Shelby and everything it's about. She's got a 10sec Buick GN and can't wait to get a chance at driving my 9sec '93 down the 1320. I really lucked out with my wife. She may not know all of the intricacies of the cars and how exactly they tick but she know more than the average chick.

She's the one that pushed me to get my Shelby. Every time we go to LVMS she always wants to stop into the Shelby museum just to check things out.

flS/R

Established Member
my wife hates my car when I drive it but loves it if I let her drive (she thinks she is all badass when behind the wheel)

BAS

Established Member
my wife hates my car when I drive it but loves it if I let her drive (she thinks she is all badass when behind the wheel)

+1

And she also claims motion sickness as a passenger to increase her chances of me giving up the keys

impactblue

Established Member
My girlfriend loves mustangs but she has seen mine and now rejects any sports car without a snake on it cause "snakes are cool!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
My wife loves my car, she also loves the fact it makes me happy. I would never give it up even if she did object to it.

reason4treason

Established Member
:idea: get a wife who's both superstitious and Chinese. this is the 'year of the snake' so for at least awhile she'd be compelled to at the minimum, act as if she likes it

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
the simple solution is to do like i did and buy your wife a corvette grand sport convertable then you can have anything you want!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread