wierd noise

928gtp

Established Member
i have a wierd noise coming from what seems to be the tranny. it sounds like the throw out bearing noise i used to get in my 99. The wierd thing is that it only makes the noise when the a/c is on and if i push in the clutch it goes away. its kind of like a rattling noise. if anybody had an older cobra they probably know the noise im talking about. is it the throw out bearing or something else?

i also have a wierd rattling noise that i just started to hear tonight while i was driving home.

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
I have the exact same noise. Dealer says it's normal. FYI my service guy is a Shelby guru (he used to test drive them) so I trust him. I will tell you I've heard noises on this car I have never heard on any other. Nature of the beast I guess. I've discovered with this car if you listen to every little quirk you'll go nuts. Now I just drive it like I stole it and if breaks, I'll bring it in.

Last edited:

928gtp

Established Member
lol.. its crazy. u would think with as much money as we pay for them that they would have absolutely nothing wrong and make no noises.

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, I dont know mine does not make any odd noises at all and there is no throw out bearing on these cars

I say bring it in if your not happy.

With that said, of course these things make a ton more noise than say a camry so yes I guess some could be nature of the beast but you probably know normal from not as far as noises unless your new to performance cars

I owned a 99 cobra before this that made more noises than anything Ive been in.

so far so good with this new ride

barstoolman

Established Member
I have the exact same noise. Dealer says it's normal. FYI my service guy is a Shelby guru (he used to test drive them) so I trust him. I will tell you I've heard noises on this car I have never heard on any other. Nature of the beast I guess. I've discovered with this car if you listen to every little quirk you'll go nuts. Now I just drive it like I stole it and if breaks, I'll bring it in.

Same here.........you couldn't have said it better!!!!! At first, all the noises, all the rattling, ringing, creaking and clunking, made me nuts. Soon I realized, hey......its a Mustang. Now, I just turn up the Shaker 1000 and drive.

Blaine

Established Member
Manual Trannys that are made to take a BIG beating from High Horsepower engines are usually Noisy. Esp. the T56 series. I learned to live with it.

But theres always the other noises that might not be normal. Thats for the Ford mechanic to decide.

Also adding an aftermarket shifter or know will dramatically increase the noise you hear from the already noisy tranny.

I'd rather not pay thousands more for a Car just so we can get a quiet tranny. If I did... I would of bought a Mercedes AMG or a M6.

928gtp

Established Member
i couldnt really hear too many noises in my 99. had a loud ass exhaust. lol
i guess im just a little too anal with my cars. like them to be perfect.:bash:
now i know why they have a shaker 1000 in it.lol

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
Same here.........you couldn't have said it better!!!!! At first, all the noises, all the rattling, ringing, creaking and clunking, made me nuts. Soon I realized, hey......its a Mustang. Now, I just turn up the Shaker 1000 and drive.

You said the magic word...MUSTANG. It wouldn't be one without the annoyances. If I wanted quiet, I'd buy a CTS.

Users who are viewing this thread