Widest tire on rear?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Can you post a picture please?

This is on 19x11 f14s. please ignore the dirty car. Still dd'ing it right now and. It needs a bath

0fdb6fe2.jpg

13ba1bf3.jpg

Last edited:

4-keeps

Established Member
The 335 idea has failed because one thing and one thing only. My car is too low. I can't go any more wide than 305 actually. I put my GoPro on my quarter to see how much travel there was, and half of the tire tucked in. That would lead to severe body damage and/or a busted tire and ensuing loss of control, lol. If my car was 1.7 inches taller, like a 1" drop, and if I shaved the bumpstop brackets off, it would work. Oh well. :(

6953670459_56439d875c_b.jpg

6807560354_f42ddb054b_o.jpg

Your car looks great. What lowering Kit/springs do you have?

Billy

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
The 335 idea has failed because one thing and one thing only. My car is too low. I can't go any more wide than 305 actually. I put my GoPro on my quarter to see how much travel there was, and half of the tire tucked in. That would lead to severe body damage and/or a busted tire and ensuing loss of control, lol. If my car was 1.7 inches taller, like a 1" drop, and if I shaved the bumpstop brackets off, it would work. Oh well. :(

digital do you think if your wheels were a higher offset that you would have the room? or is there no room left before you hit suspension?

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
I used search as a third option. First, I click on the user name and then go to all threads started by user, then if that doesn't work, I search for all posts by user, and that usually Finds what I looking for. If all else fails, that I use the search feature. I guess I'm just really good at stalking people lol. By the way, since I'm on my phone this is too much to text so I'm just using the talk to text feature on my iPhone 4S, and I don't have to type a damn thing. So if words sound funny or are misspelled blame Apple.

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
I did, and I see the question "Widest tire on rear" that involves many things, and they are being listed here. I understand what you're saying though, and I apologize. I just get the same PM's over and over, it gets frustrating since I've listed everything in detail before.

Long story short, it depends on the available space in the wheel well and how that space is used depends on wheel/tire dimensions and offset/placement INSIDE the wheel well.

The maximum amount of rubber that fits in the wheel well is a Michelin PS2 335/30/20, or any other tire with these dimensions per manufacturers specs. Given the variations in suspension travel and ride height, its safe to say that the car cant be lowered any more than one inch in the rear, and your offset has to be spot on perfect with no more than 2mm room for error, and the wheel should be 11.75-12" for OPTIMUM fitment. The bumpstop brackets needs to be shaved off, because the wheel is literally mm's away from the wheel well, shock boots should be left alone for warranty purposes, and the bumpstop itself needs to be relocated inwards, and lastly a Watts link of any kind is needed, unless you're stock height, then a adj PHB is ok. A coilover system can be used to adjust height and compression damping to limit travel. In ANY case under wheel compresssion/distension on opposite sites like climbing a driveway it will rub on the inside wheel well, so caution is needed.

If your offset is too aggressive, or your car is lowered too much (like mine) then your placement in the wheel well changes and play room for travel decreases, and the amount of rubber you can stick in there diminishes.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Looking at your pics u better get under there with some touch up paint because the paint is missing and it will rust out. I had the Mich 335 Super car tire on my car and there just to big. With my modified rear rims I have the maximum offset and inset. You can not go any wider then what I'm running without problems. U can remove the bumpstop bracket but then the shock needs to be moved over and the lower inner wheel well needs to be modified also.
I have been through this 2 years ago looking to get the most meat on the ground. Its not worth it u still won't get enough straight line traction with a radial no matter how wide u go.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
This is on 19x11 f14s. please ignore the dirty car. Still dd'ing it right now and. It needs a bath

0fdb6fe2.jpg

13ba1bf3.jpg

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I'm seriously looking at 19x11 Forgestars with 325/30/19 Invo's for my rears on my new '14 GT Premium and was wondering if you thought they would fit without mods? Seems like from these pics above the 305/30/19's worked just fine on the 19x11's and 325's would only be about 20mm wider and 1/2" taller....someone have input on this? thank you :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
i want to run 315/30/20 r888's on my vossens but im afraid they will rub the fender. i have 295/30/20 toyo proxes 4 plus on there now and they fit great, but need more grip.

jojobee

Established Member
Why look for trouble ?

325 is too big, i run 315 and its very very tight.

You wont gain anything by going to a 325 over a 315 and will be looking at you wheels and fenders everyday to ensure your panhard is dead centered.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Why look for trouble ?

325 is too big, i run 315 and its very very tight.

You wont gain anything by going to a 325 over a 315 and will be looking at you wheels and fenders everyday to ensure your panhard is dead centered.

Who's looking for trouble? I'm looking at a 325/30/19 Nitto Invo which is a "narrow" 325 tire...Compared to some other brands it's as wide as their 295 or 305...If you're running a 315/35/20 it's a lot taller and that's why it would be much tighter fit...

Users who are viewing this thread