Wideband Revisited (new option?) and Introduction to section

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I've just order the LaSota guide and going to read it over the next week or two before I order the PrP. I believe if i take it slow and ask the right questions I can take this on and would love to learn. I'm used to curve fitting in a lab setting professionally for other applications and understand the importance of precision measurements.

I've read most/all wideband pages and the first 20 pages of the A' la carte section but there is not much info on the new additions. I am interested on the new Innovate options specifically the DLG-1/LC-2 as this wIll give me lamba readings on both banks.

But with the reviews on their previous offerings I'm leaning towards a NGK AFX or Zeitronix option. Anyone have experience with the new Innovate offerings? Looking for an updated opinion on widebands for tuning, no manufacturer offers error, precision, etc. So as I'm relying on others experience and years have gone by, are these still the most trusted?

(04 Cobra SCT X3: stock pumps w BAP, stock blower 3.0 pulley, 9:1, .020 pistons, rods, valves/springs PCHS of NY built a few years ago professionally tuned.
...Moving to a posi port 2.9 pulley have stock/4#/6# lower rings, BA2600, BAP Dual FPDM F-GT pumps, 60# inj, 93/E-85)

Now that I'm finished with my formal studies, I want to install my upgrades laying around (easy part) and learn how to tune it. Thanks for your time and appreciate any assistance given.

Last edited:

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
In for info... I just got done installing the LC-2 into passenger bunghole. Need to finish getting it hooked up and all, but will be using it with SCT X3, SCT PRP & LaSota's guide.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I still prefer using the AFX. Although NGK doesn't make them anymore. They are now made by Ballinger.

cbrown9064

Established Member
I run the Innovate MTX-L, which is a gauge and controller in one package. Same sensor and cabling through the firewall, which is a real pita.

I datalog with BE and it works great. I have an extra bung on the drivers side, behind the hego.

The gauge is in a pillar pod and the serial cable ends up by the ODBII port. When I am tuning, I plug in the USB to serial adapter with a 3 meter USB extension cable and good to go. Not tuning, I just take off the extension cable and tuck the rest up behind the console.

Mach828

Established Member
Love the LC2. So much nicer than the early model LC1. Its smaller, more accurate, and much easier to wire up.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Love the LC2. So much nicer than the early model LC1. Its smaller, more accurate, and much easier to wire up.

Yeah have been looking at different reviews of the LC2 everyone seems to think it's a lot more convenient to use than the LC1. Except the calibration seems to be more of a PITA.

Was trying to find info on the DLG-1 it has a built in controller and also comes with a LC2 so you can log both banks. Didn't realize it was only released recently and there is zero info out there here's a link to the product: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/dlg1.php

Thanks for all the input so far guys!

PS: Got my LaSota guide, seems more straight forward than I thought it would be. Looking forward to getting the PRP and getting my hands dirty.

Mach828

Established Member
I thought calibration was easier on the lc2 than the lc1. The lasoto guide is good. Use histograms in live link to make your life much easier tuning.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I thought calibration was easier on the lc2 than the lc1. The lasoto guide is good. Use histograms in live link to make your life much easier tuning.

Thanks for the tip, been reading about using histograms since you mentioned it seems to simplify things. Found this link http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81526 with a nice tutorial on how use them.

I just downloaded Livelink Gen 2, had been using Livelink 6.0 to check a few things over the years. Gen 2 has a lot of nice features and it helps having customs histograms going through some old logs getting used to the new software.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think I'd run the zeitronix based off of Don's recommendation.

I have an LC1 which I purchased before reading Don's review of the zeitronix. I use to hate my LC1 but its been trouble free as of late. The LC1 use to lose its calibration probably 50% of the time when i was flashing the car and would require a free air calibration to fix it. This would get really old really fast when trying to tweak a tune.

I finally figured out that if I removed the fuse for the wideband while flashing it would keep its calibration, it's been great ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread