Wideband opinions

wreckedj30

Established Member
Hello just asking for opinions on a wideband setup, anyone familiar with aem uego digital or innovative's mtx-l. Both look like good systems and are around $160. Anyone used either or has input please lend some guidance. Thanks ahead of time.

Car is getting sct prp and already has a 4.6L dohc.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I have the AEM unit. I liked it the best out of the ones I looked at. No controller box needed. Easy to instal and it also has analog inputs so if you are using something like SCT livelink you can datalog with it. Im sure alot of the major ones out there have this. I wanted something that was a round gauge and fit in the POD thats why I went with it and I got a good deal.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
I have used the innovate mtx. Loved it. Had it in my 03 then a kenne bell 98. Buddy has one as well. Never had a problem and to me it looked better than the aem which is why I first bought it

wreckedj30

Established Member
What type of fuel is everyone running? I'm looking in to e85, I understand both gauges read In Lambda, but do they also show AFR under the 11:1 range. It looks as though the gauge faces both start at 11+ or does it show up in the digital reading.

X3FBrian

Established Member
+1 for MTX-L

img1086bi.jpg

CtSvt

Established Member
I use the aeroforce gauge with their wideband sensor, I hate having tons of gauges . I like it nice and clean , I haven't tested its accuracy against anything , I have also used the aem uego in the past with good results

97015310200734981629792.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Need4speed2345

Established Member
Look into the plx wideband. Very cool unit and has a mode that allows you to see the past 10 seconds or so on the gauge so when you punch it you can look down and see if your afr's spiked low etc. I had the aem and buddy runs the innovate one. They work but very basic

Users who are viewing this thread