Wideband Installation?

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
hey guys just bought an innovative motorsports wideband setup for my 96 cobra. My exhaust setup goes: pacesetter LT's O/R/H pipe, magnaflow catback, i was wondering where should i put my o2 sensor?

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
the instructions for the wideband will tell you where to have the bung welded in. you need to make sure it is above the 3 or 9 o'clock position to keep condensation off of the sensor. it is also supposed to be, if I recall correctly, like 24" from the the manifold. mine is on the passenger side, ahead of the stock sensor or my x pipe.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
heres where I put mine, I don't know if you can see its right behind the driver side o2.. I have the innovate wideband LC-2 as well...

2cxaszb.png

ncl4eh.png

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Typically, you'll want it located around 36" from the nearest exhaust valve. You should place the sensor at least 10 degrees above horizontal and also at least 15 degrees from vertical. This keeps condensation from collecting in the sensor while also reducing the likelihood of overheating the sensor.

laddanator

Established Member
Typically, you'll want it located around 36" from the nearest exhaust valve. You should place the sensor at least 10 degrees above horizontal and also at least 15 degrees from vertical. This keeps condensation from collecting in the sensor while also reducing the likelihood of overheating the sensor.

Trust this guy. He knows his shit! :)

CJK440

Established Member
Right after the LT/OR pipe junction, probably opposite of the bung for the OE sensor. You can also replace a factory one and have the Innovate meter output a narrow band signal to the ECU.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
If you will be datalogging with the analog output of the wideband, you will want to ground your wideband controller at the same place (or close to) where your datalogger is grounded. For example, if you are using the analog input to an SCT X3 which is grounded via the OBD2 port, you should ground near the OBD2 port ground. It is G104, right by the battery. This will help you to avoid having ground offset issues.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Interesting read.

I use the NB output from my PLX M300 WB and it looks just like the stock NB signal on the other side, with just a phase difference between the two. Must be a difference between the controllers.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
thanks a bunch for all the help guys i would have never thought it had to be placed so precise

Users who are viewing this thread