Wideband guage question

airmanb2b

Established Member
Installed a Dynojet Wideband Commander and have been running it for about a month. After initial install, idle and cruise reads 14.6 to about 14.9 which my understanding was good. On initial WOT hit, it would dip all the way rich (10.0) and then come up to 11.2 to 11.7 which is also good. Problem I am having now is the sensor will still read correctly at cruise and idle but now at WOT it goes to 10.0 and stays until I let off the gas, which leads me to believe its not reading or for some reason I have started running rich. Been running the same tune since last summer, so nothing has changed. Car is running fine and am still getting the usual light dust on the rear like I always have (white care). Did the sensor take a crap on me? Reload tune? Do a sensor test? Do a fresh air calibration?

Sagittaria

Established Member
I actually just had something similar happen to me just today with my LC1 (same bosch sensor I believe).

My sensor wasn't reading accurately under WOT (It sticks to rich even after I got out of WOT) but it was pronounced during regular driving as well though. It bounced around from 13.8-16 instead of 14.2-14.8.

I tried a fresh air calibration but it then threw up a bad sensor code :bash: Did some research and the correct replacement part number was "Bosch 17014" and the local VatoZone had one in stock for cheaper than online places. it seems that Innovate tries to hide this part number to get you to buy it from them... :rockon: It seems it's a replacement sensor for Audis/VWs.

I don't blame the sensor. I had a fuse blow and I was running the sensor without power for 10 min before I noticed it a couple weeks ago.

I'd start with a fresh air calibration. It's supposed to calibrated every 3 months or 10k miles.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm having a similar issue. My Aeroforce gauge reads air/fuel .7 lower when the gauge is connected, versus when I disconnect the gauge for datalogging on LiveLink. I've checked the settings on the laptop and in the gauge, they match. I've reset the wideband controller.

Still reads differently. I'm going to change the formula in the gauge to make it read the same as the LiveLink.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Another note to add, seems like it is taking a lot longer on initial start to read. Before it would sit at 10 for about 5 seconds and then start reading. Seems like it takes twice that now.

bossnova3

Established Member
Any fix to this issue, my father in law has had this same issue. Would like to know what is the fix if any.

fullboogie

Established Member
Guys, the sensor on these WB's don't last very long, particularly with the very rich tunes we run. I found I needed to replace my LC1 sensor every year, sometimes a little more often if I did a lot of racing.

DaFreak

Established Member
I just started having the same problem. A/F reading 11.0 at WOT. My aeroforce WB install is 3 months old. I'm contacting Aeroforce about this. Sensor should make it longer than 1 yr.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
It's called "buy a new sensor"

I go through sensors every 6 months on pump fuel

I've gone through sensors on C16 as quick as 3 weeks

WOTBOX doesn't help

I usually change my primary O2's also when my wideband sensor goes out to be on the safe side..... I guess it's my OCD just how I change fuel filters every oil change

airmanb2b

Established Member
Can anyone confirm the correct bosh part number for the dyno jet wbc2? Web searching shows 17014 as mentioned above for the innovate wideband and part numbers 17018 with harness length of 17" and 17205 with harness length of 15" for the wideband commander. 17018 is $59 and the 17205 with shorter harness is $99. Says sensors are the same for 17018 and 17205.

bossnova3

Established Member
Where's the best place to get oem primary O2 sensors and as stated above the replacement for the aeroforce

Sagittaria

Established Member
I'm partial to the NGKs that NAPA usually has in stock. Great sensors at a great price. NGK 22060.

Stay away from the universal fit Boschs at all costs. They suck on all cars.

Sucks to hear about the Bosch WB sensor not lasting long... I may go to a NGK based system if this is the case.

A fresh air calibration just calibrates the sensor. You pull the sensor out of the exhaust (for fresh air) and hit calibrate. Put it back in and you're done.

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
AEM UEGO is auto calibrated

Some widebands need to be calibrated outside of the exhaust "fresh air"

airmanb2b

Established Member
Ok, spoke to dynojet today concerning my issue. A few possibles. First, the sensor may not be getting a full 12 volts to run the heater at WOT. Sensor will not read correctly with anything less that 12 volts. I know I havent had any battery issues, but I havent paid attention to voltage either. Secondly, the wiring coming directly off the sensor could be kinked. Thirdly, the sensor may have just gone bad. He said with my symptoms, being slow to read at initial start, sounds like the sensors is in the process of going south. Heater is taking too long to warm up and read.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
DJ's wide bands need a good ground, try hooking the ground up to the battery, made all the difference in the world in mine. You can also test the sensor buy turning the ignition on and hold a butane lighter on the sensor tip, should go full rich. Correct, DJWBC has no calibration.

airmanb2b

Established Member
I think this is going to be my plan of attack. Car is in my wife's shop right now for storage, I may have one of the guys check the battery/alternator since if the alternator is crap, should be covered under my extended. Mod friendly shop. Ill then pull the sensor and inspect/test with propane. May just replace it. Ill also check for ground and reroute if needed. Only thing that concerns me at this point, is reading some of the BMC thread about WOT and voltage drops. Winter before last, I did kill and have to jump the battery a few times because I did not run a tender. Did run a tender this year. Battery is going on 6 years old, so it might be time. I'm not against the "just replace the sensor" theory, but considering age, doesn't seem like it would just take a crap like that. Then again, it is taking longer to read on initial start.

Last edited:

airmanb2b

Established Member
Tested battery voltage today per dynojets advice. After sitting for 4 days, battery read 12.5 volts. Started it up and it's charging to 14.8 volts at idle. Would a Wot run drop battery from 14.8 to less than 12?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I think your freakinv out for nothing....

Buy a new sensor and be done with it..... It's not the end of the world, well get back to me in Dec .... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread