Wideband check...

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
A couple weeks ago, a friend was messing/playing with my Autometer Ultra Lite A/F (digital) wideband while the car was on idle and I was making a routine check after installing the new alternator. Now, @ idle, my wideband reads 15.1-15.3. Are those numbers normal? I could of sworn it was reading 14.5-14.7 during idle (which is unleaded gasoline stoich a/f raitio) before my friend was playing w/ the wideband buttons/options.

Now, there are options for the wideband to be changed: 1) "Alr" (alarm), 2) "AFr", 3) "BGD/dSP", 4) "Br", and 5) "Htr." What settings should it be with each of the wideband options??? I set the "Alr" to 15.1 (which is the initial alert for "RED - Lean"), set my "AFr" to 14.7, but I don't know if that's the normal changes that was done to the wideband before it was tampered. Also, I'm not sure about the normal settings of #3, 4, and 5. If anyone can guide me to what settings and changes need to be done to get it back to the way it was please let me know... Til then it will remain parked. Thanks in advance.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
this may jsut be the result of the battery being unhooked for more than 15-20 minutes. The ECM will have to go through the adaptive learning process by several start stops and regular driving. The ECM has to re-learn the driving climate and habits. It should be fine just drive it and see if it settles down in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread