Why?

DuFFMaNn

Custom Sig maker.
Established Member
So I have a friend who owns a 2001 Lightning with something weird happening. The truck is Bone stock (that he knows of, 2nd owner) yet is some how pushing over 10lbs of boost, and is dead even with a lightning with slicks, intake, pulley, and tune. We have measure the pullies and they are all stock length.

Does anyone have ANY idea why he would be pushing so much boost and keeping up with a higher modified Lightning?

Leeroy697

Established Member
SID297 said:
Ported blower?

That would make sence since you cant see it. Tell your friend to have it put on a dyno and see what it puts down. Then you will have a better idea of whats up.

RX350

Established Member
i get over 10 lbs on the factory gauge too. they are'nt very acurate. i have beat guys with full exhaust, pully, cai, their truck sounded like shit cause the tune was way off. and ya some of these trucks are factory freaks. mine put down 380hp/451trq with just a cai, tuner, and two flowmasters on it.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
+1 on the ported heaton or the other truck having a super conservative or crappy tune.

Did you just measure the upper pulley or did you also check the lower pulley as well? sorry have to ask.....

DuFFMaNn

Custom Sig maker.
Established Member
Both were measured, and I am pretty sure he got a good tune, but I guess its a possibility.

Also wouldn't a ported blower not do anything without a new pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread