Why you drive a SVT?

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
A question i asked myself Why did i get a Cobra out of all the SVT line up? It came down to power, Now it was Truck or Car Before this site i thought the Lightening was kinda slow, I know now i was wrong. But even knowing what i know now i would still pick the Cobra. What was your reason for picking what you drive?

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
It was the only fast affordable four seat convertible available, new or used. There were no other choices.

I love it.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
When I did have mine,it was the engine that got my attention...popping the hood and looking at those heads just does that to the unsuspecting eye....Those huge heads and intake are something else.Then you get to feel the linear power delivery and the top end rush...(I had a 96 up to this year then sold it in order to get my 86 GT).

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have always loved the fox body Stangs and I think that the 93 Cobra is the best looking of the foxes. So, when I could afford one, I got it :D

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Sorry, Camaros after 1969 need not apply. Nothing against them, they just never caught my fancy. The styling just does not do it for me. Great performance though.

edited to eliminate dumb comment

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Always wanted a Cobra! Then to hear it was getting a 6 spd and a S/C so it was time. Money always stopped me before. Had the cash to get one but would loose out on everything else. Am finally in a position to do both so I did.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
LIghtning was very cool, but impractical for me, I need a 4wd pickup, so I just wanted something quick and my family has had mustangs since the beginning, stanting with my grandmas 65 fastback, to my dads 68 mustang gt, 68 gt 350 shelby, 71 429 SCJ Mach 1, 71 &73 q-code mach 1's, among various others. It was almost destiny that I had a mustang.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by Cobra03
Sorry, Camaros after 1969 need not apply. Nothing against them, they just never caught my fancy. The styling just does not do it for me. Great performance though.

edited to eliminate dumb comment

How about a Trans Am? :coolman: :p

nj7703

Established Member
I can't afford a new Viper, or SL600 :lol: Actually i almost bought a Z06, but, they are like roaches here, see them everywhere. The Cobra is unique, and bang for the buck, the best deal for me.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by nj7703
I can't afford a new Viper, or SL600 :lol: Actually i almost bought a Z06, but, they are like roaches here, see them everywhere. The Cobra is unique, and bang for the buck, the best deal for me.
Plus homeless people love the drop top!!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I saw a black 2000 Camaro SS today in the lot. I guess someone traded it in for a Cobra! :lol: But seriously, it was sweet looking.

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Originally posted by 93_Snake
I have always loved the fox body Stangs and I think that the 93 Cobra is the best looking of the foxes. So, when I could afford one, I got it :D

I agree My 1st Stang was a 93 LX But the Cobra has always cought my eye IT will be my next project I will get my hands dirty on that one. :coolman:

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I bought my 93 Cobra because of the looks and it being the last year of the fox-body style. I dont really drive it anymore it is basically towed to the car show I arttend.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
A 93 Cobra is going to be my first car. I just have to convince the owner to sell it.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
It fit my criteria.

1) RWD
2) Power
3) 6-speed
4) IRS
5) 4 seats

$30k range.

The only other thing I considered was a G35 Coupe. I went with the Cobra because of the power and the cheap mods.

Users who are viewing this thread