Why the Mustang is the best muscle car ever

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Just watched it again, there isn't one Terminator in that video...Guess in 2012 I'll have to go to Poland to represent lol! And doughnuts on cobblestone...ouch. Thats one thing I hate about Europe is driving on cobblestone!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Excellent video. Thanks for posting...again. Go Polska!!!

Mustang's aren't Muscle Cars...like C6 Z06's aren't Super Cars. A matter of interpretation.

RedFord96

Established Member
Great vid, shame there were no Foxbodies or original SN-95s. Loved seeing the Shelbys and the new Bullitt Mustang run with the classics though! :rockon:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Excellent video. Thanks for posting...again. Go Polska!!!

Mustang's aren't Muscle Cars...like C6 Z06's aren't Super Cars. A matter of interpretation.

Exotic...Lambo...Ferrari

Sports Car...VETTE

Muscle Car..Challenger, Mustang, Camaro

No interpretation..this is the way it is:bored:

**EDIT**..and furthermore...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car[/ame]

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Exotic...Lambo...Ferrari

Sports Car...VETTE

Muscle Car..Challenger, Mustang, Camaro

No interpretation..this is the way it is:bored:

**EDIT**..and furthermore...

Muscle car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're going to find A LOT of enthusiasts who will disagree with your assertions. PLENTY of INTERPRETATION.

From your Wiki article..."According to the June 1967 issue of Road Test magazine, a "muscle car" is "Exactly what the name implies. It is a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a BIG engine in it."

SMALL car, BIG engine = Mustang with the Virtual Cubes of a supercharged engine...or... an N/A Mustang (Camaro or Challenger) putting out as much HP as many of your big block "Muscle Cars" back in the day. Calling Coyote. Times has changed my friend. Not bored.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You're going to find A LOT of enthusiasts who will disagree with your assertions. PLENTY of INTERPRETATION.

From your Wiki article..."According to the June 1967 issue of Road Test magazine, a "muscle car" is "Exactly what the name implies. It is a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a BIG engine in it."

SMALL car, BIG engine = Mustang with the Virtual Cubes of a supercharged engine...or... an N/A Mustang (Camaro or Challenger) putting out as much HP as many of your big block "Muscle Cars" back in the day. Calling Coyote. Times has changed my friend. Not bored.

I'll stick with my interpretation which is from WIKI...

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster definition is more limiting, "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."[2] The term generally refers to 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars, and sometimes full-size cars equipped with large, powerful, V8s, and sold at an affordable price for street use and both formal and informal drag racing.[3][4][5][6]

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I'll stick with my interpretation which is from WIKI...

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster definition is more limiting, "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."[2] The term generally refers to 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars, and sometimes full-size cars equipped with large, powerful, V8s, and sold at an affordable price for street use and both formal and informal drag racing.[3][4][5][6]

You are absolutely entitled to your "interpretation"...which IMHO...is dated along with the original definition of a Muscle Car. Also...IMHO...there are Exotic Super Cars and Super Cars...the C6 Z06 and mid to high-end 911 series cars are in the later category. But this has been argued over and over...and it will remain the subject of intepretation as the meanings of such words evolve. If you want your head to spin read the Wiki on the "Supercar" and how it intersects with the concept of "Muscle Car" in America automotive history.

Users who are viewing this thread