why not kb

txstroker

Established Member
I am going to buy a power adder got a 2013 gt and am looking at the KB kits I just don't want a lot of unexpected surprises aka by the way you got to get a bigger fan or radiator I want the most maintenance free kit and I don't care a bought the cost thank you for any suggestions.

Nuar

Established Member
From what I understand, you need to cut some sheet metal to install the damn thing.... sooo no thanks.

DarkHorse5.0

Established Member
The cutting is for the intake air tube to be ran through the fender well. I know of a 2.8 kit for sale for a killer deal of you're interested pm me

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

txstroker

Established Member
Thanks

Thank's for the info I am going Roush don't want to do any cutting up. And thanks for not beating me up on my grammar I am dyslexic and get words backwards some times. You find a lot of narcissistic/sociopathick grammar cop's in the forums makes them feel better I guess to hide behind a computer screen and pick your typing apart.

13 GT/CS

Established Member
If you like the Roush kits you should for sure look into VMP! Their Stage 3 Kit is only $6,999 and it comes with every single thing you need to make some serious power. Looked into them a lot before changing my mind to Vortech and heard nothing but good things about Justin and the guys at VMP.

mackdog2008

Established Member
If you like the Roush kits you should for sure look into VMP! Their Stage 3 Kit is only $6,999 and it comes with every single thing you need to make some serious power. Looked into them a lot before changing my mind to Vortech and heard nothing but good things about Justin and the guys at VMP.
I am waiting on my vmp stage 3 kit, some of it will be in this Friday.

As for the price the 6,999 is an old price it's now 7,799 but if you call them up you can get it at a better price.

1proscoe

Established Member
Great question because I've spent the past few weeks contemplating the same.... Thought I wanted a KB, but in the coming few weeks am going stage 3 gen II vmp

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We raised the price on stage 3 but we made the Gen2 blower housing standard, now include the VMP twinjet 67mm TB to feed the new blower, ID1000 injectors and VMP PNP booster are both included, and added the option to upgrade to ID 1300s if you want to get crazy. My car only makes 872rwhp with this setup:

For those that want all the goodies like gen2 and JLT123 intake, but want to spend less, stage 1 tuner kit is only $5999.

http://vmptuning.com/superchargers-a/

5.0l.jpg

Last edited:

mackdog2008

Established Member
We raised the price on stage 3 but we made the Gen2 blower housing standard, now include the VMP twinjet 67mm TB to feed the new blower, ID1000 injectors and VMP PNP booster are both included, and added the option to upgrade to ID 1300s if you want to get crazy. My car only makes 872rwhp with this setup:

For those that want all the goodies like gen2 and JLT123 intake, but want to spend less, stage 1 tuner kit is only $5999.

http://vmptuning.com/superchargers-a/

View attachment 24064

This guy " My car only makes 872rwhp with this setup"

Can't wait to get mine Justin!

part of my order will be here Friday but the lower intake is a few weeks out from what I'm told.

1proscoe

Established Member
Justin, can you share what all supporting mods you have done to achieve that? 93 or E85? How much boost? Is this the '13 GT500?

Trying to get a good benchmark on what I could expect on my '13GT with this kit and full exhaust (LT's, o/r H, magnaflow cat back, on a 79mm pulley and 93)

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Justin, can you share what all supporting mods you have done to achieve that? 93 or E85? How much boost? Is this the '13 GT500?

Trying to get a good benchmark on what I could expect on my '13GT with this kit and full exhaust (LT's, o/r H, magnaflow cat back, on a 79mm pulley and 93)

You will NOT see those numbers on a GT or BOSS with the 11 to 1 comp ratio on 93 pump gas, simple too much boost with crappy gas. In order to obtain those numbers you need e85 or some other race fuel. Your GT will be happy around 600-650rwhp not 750+rwhp.

Vert

Established Member

I would say you would be in 625-640 rwhp range.

corepwn

Established Member
You would need a fuel system to make that much power on e85. A BAP on stock full system is good for about 675rwhp on e85, and that's about it before you risk killing the pump with voltage/head pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread