Why is one side of my car lower than the other?

04RiceEater

Established Member
I installed H&R Race springs on my 03 cobra over a year ago now and ive noticed that the front drivers side sits about 1 finger width lower than the passenger side? The rear are about dead even, the front have no isos in and the rear have one each. Any ideas on why this could be? Thanks.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
If you look in the spring pocket of the lower control arm, there are 2 small holes drilled there. The end of the coil spring needs to be between those 2 holes (this is part of the fixture assembly at the Ford plant).

agwazz

Established Member
X2....had the same issue. I took it apart again and lined up the end of the spring between the holes. Sits perfect now.

jbhguitar

Established Member
I had the exact same question a month ago with my H&R Race. I did a bunch of searching but never found an answer that truly helped me. So here's my chance to give back. Twice I tried adjusting the pig tail alignment on all four corners as per Maximum Motorsports instructions (aligning between the front holes and at the parking brake bracket/hole in the rear). The driver's side always sat lower. I realized I could remove isos but I really didn't want the car any lower. So I bought a full set of the MM poly isos. I ended up using poly on top and bottom on the driver's side front, and poly on the driver's side rear top. To the eye the car looks completely level left to right and the slight rake is perfect on both sides. The car is now ever so slightly higher (like a mm or two) on the driver's side which is perfect as it's probably level when I get in.

Is this the right solution? I'm not sure, but I have seen some pics on the forums where it does appear other members' driver sides are lower. Looking at things like battery placement, steering wheel, reservoirs, seat motors, etc I just don't see how the car is balanced left to right. Maybe the control arm bushings are more compressed on the driver's side for the exact same reason causing the imbalance. Car is a vert with 30k miles and MM full length subframe connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread