why drop the turbo?

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
I seem to see quite a few people who either want to sell their turbo Terminator and take a screw-charged one in trade, or sell their low-mile turbo kit and want a screw-charger in trade. In one word, "why?"

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

not sure about others. I know I just want to get back into a comp orange. that will be turbo'ed when I am done though.

MustangThief

Established Member
Just because it's more potential power doesn't mean it's the best...

Maybe they dropped cash into a turbo setup thinking it was their Holy Grail, and didn't like the lag of the turbos. Maybe they realized they really loved the insta-torque PD blowers...

But after you just do a turbo setup, switching back to a PD is kind of out of the question, unless you're made of money.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I think the big thing is the daily drive ability goes to shit. Up here at higher altitudes for sure. With turbos they make wicked power but when you can get huge air density changes over short periods of time the car runs like shit. Now a good tuner can go a long way to combat that but the power will be hit or miss at best with it changing all the time. I know allot of the big turbo talon guys up hear feel that way. If you are putting it to the limit you could easily peg a maff and lean out on a cold night. But thats just me.. i cant wait to try the twin screw ...

04torchred

Established Member
I think a lot of owners that have been getting turbos don't do their own work so when first setting the car up there is a lot of tweaking and minor work that needs to be done. For them this maintenance is too much and they can't deal with it so they end up selling the cars. The twinscrew setups are just a lot easier for the majority of owners and they don't really require much tweaking once they are set on top. Turbos will require more initial work.

Users who are viewing this thread