Why does 80% of the for sale ad's have...

oldmodman

Established Member
One word reason for not posting pics?

Dialup.

Remember when you could just drag and drop a pic into your posting? That nice little feature was available up until about 2005 when it vanished.

Was it server memory requirements, some weird new law, or way too many people putting 25 gigantic pics in their sigs?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
On a similar issue, people who cant embed videos ftl!

Spoolx

Established Member
My favorite lines from for-sale ads:

"I don't need to sell this car." - Okay, so you just wasting everyone's time or what?
"I put $XXXXXX in mods into this car." - Two claps for you. Everyone knows mod money = lost money.
"Like new! Just needs......" - Then it isn't like new.
"$26k obo. But no low-ballers. I won't take $25,500." - Uh....ok.
"$26K FIRM" - a week later - "Come on guys...no offers even?" - Really self explanatory
"03 Cobra, 70k miles, NEVER BEEN RACED." - :lol1:
"Tuned for nitrous, system installed and bottle included. NEVER BEEN SPRAYED THOUGH." = :lol1:

I think that's most of it.

I always like "doesn't run but only needs a $20 part to be perfect"

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Some sites require pictures since that is the 1st question that is normally asked. I would like to see that become standard here also with the mods deleting the listing if they don't. Someone could also do a sticky on how to post pics for those that don't know how in the market section

That would be pretty hard for the size of this site and its marketplace section to do.

IMO, since SVTP is not responsible for sale of items in the marketplace (which is a no brainer, they shouldn't be), the validity of items posted to be sold on there is the responsibility of the user that is viewing them.

Like others have said, people arent not posting pics/info because of the lack of ability, theyre doing it due to the lack of personal scruples to do so. They are lazy or intentionally not putting forth full information. Their car is a POS with oxidized paint so they dont post pics hoping they can entice someone with a text on a cell phone. Or its got 150k on it and theyre asking $25k still. All of this because they know an open post with all this info will get blasted.

truefiveo

Established Member
My favorite lines from for-sale ads:

"I don't need to sell this car." - Okay, so you just wasting everyone's time or what?
"I put $XXXXXX in mods into this car." - Two claps for you. Everyone knows mod money = lost money.
"Like new! Just needs......" - Then it isn't like new.
"$26k obo. But no low-ballers. I won't take $25,500." - Uh....ok.
"$26K FIRM" - a week later - "Come on guys...no offers even?" - Really self explanatory
"03 Cobra, 70k miles, NEVER BEEN RACED." - :lol1:
"Tuned for nitrous, system installed and bottle included. NEVER BEEN SPRAYED THOUGH." = :lol1:

I think that's most of it.

h50999C17

Users who are viewing this thread