Why does 80% of the for sale ad's have...

Spoolx

Established Member
The famous line "I don't know how to post pics so email me"?

This is 2014, there is no excuse to not post pictures and detailed info when you're trying to sell something.

You can't put a little effort into your for sale ad's and wonder why you have to bump them 900 times.

If you're not willing to learn how to post pics, I am not willing to email you. Honestly wish I could filter posts without pictures kinda like craigslist.

vortecd

Established Member
Some sites require pictures since that is the 1st question that is normally asked. I would like to see that become standard here also with the mods deleting the listing if they don't. Someone could also do a sticky on how to post pics for those that don't know how in the market section

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Some people just really have a tough time especially on forums where you need to save it to say photobucket and then copy pics into your post

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I've seen my neighbor twice buy commuters at unheard of deals from ads that couldn't post pics. Just this past year he bought a mint V8 sho for a few hundred bucks that needed only a battery charge. Lady didn't know how to post pics and the car sat on Craig's list for almost a year with no bites. He sold it a week later for 2500.00 profit.

nux1

Established Member
I've seen my neighbor twice buy commuters at unheard of deals from ads that couldn't post pics. Just this past year he bought a mint V8 sho for a few hundred bucks that needed only a battery charge. Lady didn't know how to post pics and the car sat on Craig's list for almost a year with no bites. He sold it a week later for 2500.00 profit.

We bought an Expedition like that once. Only listing on the cars site that didn't have a picture so I was weary especially since it was about 3k lower than everything else. We called and it actually sounded good so we made the trip and turned out to be really nice. They listed way low because carmax was offering less than that and they just wanted a bit more. They made their son post it and he just made the post and didn't bother with the pictures. Had it for about 100k miles with no issues.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Totally agree. If I'm looking to buy something online and there's no picture I just keep moving

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Too many ad's like this...

"I've got an 03 cobra. Mint condition. Too many mods to list. Low miles. Email or text for details..."

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
The famous line "I don't know how to post pics so email me"?

This is 2014, there is no excuse to not post pictures and detailed info when you're trying to sell something.

You can't put a little effort into your for sale ad's and wonder why you have to bump them 900 times.

If you're not willing to learn how to post pics, I am not willing to email you. Honestly wish I could filter posts without pictures kinda like craigslist.

This is 2014, there is no excuse to not post this in Smackdown.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
To add to the whole text/email for details and pictures nonsense. Which makes no sense, why would you want to list everything over and over to each potential buyer? I won't bother calling any dealer or even private seller that has "call for price".

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its because they are either legitimately computer-stupid (5%) or hiding a shitty offering (the other 95%).

98% of devices these days come with free cloud storage that you can use to host just about anything. Everyone has an apple or android device that these features come standard with.

Failing to post pics is either for a reason (shitty car), laziness or stupidity.

My thought is if on a forum or craigslist, if you cant post pics, I dont want what you are offering anyways, so I just move on.

Sick03Vert

Banned
My favorite lines from for-sale ads:

"I don't need to sell this car." - Okay, so you just wasting everyone's time or what?
"I put $XXXXXX in mods into this car." - Two claps for you. Everyone knows mod money = lost money.
"Like new! Just needs......" - Then it isn't like new.
"$26k obo. But no low-ballers. I won't take $25,500." - Uh....ok.
"$26K FIRM" - a week later - "Come on guys...no offers even?" - Really self explanatory
"03 Cobra, 70k miles, NEVER BEEN RACED." - :lol1:
"Tuned for nitrous, system installed and bottle included. NEVER BEEN SPRAYED THOUGH." = :lol1:

I think that's most of it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

"I don't need to sell this car." - Okay, so you just wasting everyone's time or what?
"I put $XXXXXX in mods into this car." - Two claps for you. Everyone knows mod money = lost money.
"$26K FIRM" - a week later - "Come on guys...no offers even?" - Really self explanatory
"Tuned for nitrous, system installed and bottle included. NEVER BEEN SPRAYED THOUGH." = :lol1:

Haha, good list.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tons of ads now have "TEXT FOR PICS". I don't feel like putting in the extra effort to buy your item nor do I feel like giving out my contact information just to browse.

S7OCK_03

WHIPPLED
Established Member

You forgot "I'll post pics tonight"

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Some sites require pictures since that is the 1st question that is normally asked. I would like to see that become standard here also with the mods deleting the listing if they don't. Someone could also do a sticky on how to post pics for those that don't know how in the market section

This is exactly what needs to be done.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Too many ad's like this...

"I've got an 03 cobra. Mint condition. Too many mods to list. Low miles. Email or text for details..."

I sometimes troll those ads. I'll email for details, and then respond with, "Yeah, that's not what I'm looking for. If you would have simply posted the details, I would have known this earlier." :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread