Why do a lot of guys here like the Viper?

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Because 1000+ HP @ 15psi and mine breathes fire

IMG_20150908_003119_zpsbnsaxni7.jpg

IMG_20150811_194238_zpszc7trlmu.jpg

IMG_20160413_044551_zpskpilbzvp.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Everyone grew up with it as a poster, folder, etc. It's still an American car though, and for many, 50K is highly doable for a toy. It's plenty fast. A mustang or any type is still just a mustang. 99% of people won't know you have a 350R. However, you can save 20K off of a 350R price, pick up a used Viper, and get 10 times the questions, the looks, the pictures of you driving it, the thumbs up, etc. You become a mini rockstar and have your childhood love.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Everyone grew up with it as a poster, folder, etc. It's still an American car though, and for many, 50K is highly doable for a toy. It's plenty fast. A mustang or any type is still just a mustang. 99% of people won't know you have a 350R. However, you can save 20K off of a 350R price, pick up a used Viper, and get 10 times the questions, the looks, the pictures of you driving it, the thumbs up, etc. You become a mini rockstar and have your childhood love.

I was surprised at how much attention they get. If I open trailer it, people will drive next to the trailer to take photos, and swerve while doing so. Gas station is almost always a conversation. Driving it same deal. When the first gen II was introduced, I was in HS. A friend that detailed cars at th e dealership said one was at his work, so I went there and sat in it, blue with white stripes. I was 16. I instantly knew one day I had to have one.

Rios302

Established Member
Seems like everyone likes the Viper for the same reasons I do. With that being said I was actually curious to know what other car you would chose instead of a Viper. I myself like cars in general and my dream car is a Ford GT. Realistically my attainable dream car is between 50k-75k two years from now.
Depending on budget
2017 GT350/GT500 (New/used) 50k+
991 Carrera (used) @50k
Viper(Used) @50k
Ftype R @60K
Audi R8 V10 (used) @70K+
Gallardo (used) @80k+

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Seems like everyone likes the Viper for the same reasons I do. With that being said I was actually curious to know what other car you would chose instead of a Viper. I myself like cars in general and my dream car is a Ford GT. Realistically my attainable dream car is between 50k-75k two years from now.
Depending on budget
2017 GT350/GT500 (New/used) 50k+
991 Carrera (used) @50k
Viper(Used) @50k
Ftype R @60K
Audi R8 V10 (used) @70K+
Gallardo (used) @80k+

In addition to my Viper, my other dream car is a Gallardo

IMG_20150830_231715_zpsjdbyylew.jpg

IMG_20150812_145523_zpstpawzzse.jpg

IMG_20150725_165518594_HDR_zpsm7uirciq.jpg

IMG_20150720_231557912_zpskh7sufet.jpg

ullSizeRender_5_zpsqwmdhodp.jpg

ullSizeRender_17_zpslie7y4gp.jpg

Rocket254

Established Member
I'm pretty grounded (relative to you ballers) in terms of dream cars. Once I have a Viper, the only other car on my "must have" list is a 07-09 GT500 with the wick turned up as much as possible.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HD, I love your Viper. That and the DIB/red GT500 on this forum are the only 2 cars I would want (besides Treynor's of course).

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
They command a lot of attention, but to me, sound like chit.

I've yet to hear one that sounds good.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member

I suppose that is all subjective... Mine has headers and corsa exhaust... it sounds like old school muscle with a lopey cam.

Not my car, but I think this is a great idle and sounds like mine:
[video=youtube;DCrsOGI65v4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrsOGI65v4[/video]

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

The "agricultural" idle is definitely a hit or miss for people. I personally like the sound of it, and they sound awesome when cammed.

Rios302

Established Member
I suppose that is all subjective... Mine has headers and corsa exhaust... it sounds like old school muscle with a lopey cam.

Your car sounds really good at idle, I love the sound of a lopey cam. My favorite car with a lopey cam is the Saleen S7. Seen such a sleek exotic car sound like an old school racecar muscle car gives me the chills. The problem with the Viper is that it probably still sounds like a Viper once you give it gas right?

Clemson

Established Member
Raw, powerful, and badass looking. Sh1tty Chrysler interiors though. Highly possible I will eventually own one. Maybe my mid-life crisis car lol.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
The problem with the Viper is that it probably still sounds like a Viper once you give it gas right?

That depends how much gas you give it. Little gas, it sounds very mellow and just kind lopes along... lots of gas sounds amazing, at least equal with my Cobra. The Viper doesn't need the rpm the way the Cobra does so you tend to make less noise when you're cruising around.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

This is proof that all they need is an aggressive cam to sound badass!!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member

Mine sounds even more like a V-8 than that. Mine has heads + cam and bellanger headers, random tech high flow cats and corsa cat back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread