Why do a lot of guys here like the Viper?

Rios302

Established Member
I myself like the Viper, however I don't see myself getting a one if I had let's say 50-75-k to buy another car. So if you had that kind of money and the Viper is first choice, what would be your second choice?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just love the looks. It has been a dream car since I was a little kid. I used to have tons of posters, hot wheels, and models of them!

That said, I doubt i'll ever buy one.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
It is a fantastic looking car, it is also very raw, no bells and whistles just a big mean engine to make it go and nothing but your left foot to stop it. It is a car made for thrill seekers as I have heard some stories about them and their lack of nanny devices but it is much the appeal of them.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The mean ass look and the rawness of the car. I like that people say it's brutal and unforgiving. And it has a MUCH bigger presence then a vette, more on par with an exotic.

nxhappy

Established Member
when I was a little boy, I saw the Gen1, and then I stroked my wiener :pepper:

then when I was 16 I drove my dads gen2, it was game over.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're fun.

Fast, raw, smile factor.

I've had a ton of neat cars, and I've driven a ton of my dad's (430, FGT, Lambos, etc)...nothing has demanded the attention as much as my 2008 ACR (Lambos were close). I've had people pull into the gas station while I'm filling up just to take pictures.

nxhappy

Established Member
They're fun.

Fast, raw, smile factor.

I've had a ton of neat cars, and I've driven a ton of my dad's (430, FGT, Lambos, etc)...nothing has demanded the attention as much as my 2008 ACR (Lambos were close). I've had people pull into the gas station while I'm filling up just to take pictures.
:beer::rockon:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
For me, the Viper is the ultimate car with a manual transmission. My second choice would be a R34 Skyline GT-R(which are legal here in Canada)

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Because they're awesome cars, what's not to love about them? It possesses many of the features that represent a true sports car. Always reminded me of those exaggerated hotrods on Warner Brother cartoons. However, if I had the money I probably wouldn't go for it. Maybe a GTR or Porsch

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Viper is as close to a race car as a street car can be. Everything about the car is raw, brutal, and purpose-built. What's not to like?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
They're fun.

Fast, raw, smile factor.

I just got mine and had similar experiences. I am used to some attention in the Cobra but in the Viper almost everyone sees you. The gas station attendant was taking pictures for her son. I had someone else walk up and film the car for her grandson. And at every light someone was saying something, trying to get a look, or pointing. It is an experience unlike anything I have owned.

As for why? I originally set a budget and decided I had a glass ceiling every time I settled on what I was willing to spend.
In the end I had considered a few cars. When it came to getting a good car for the right money I settled on gen II Viper. The closest 2nd was a Gen IV Viper ACR. I very briefly considered everything from a Gen V to a Porsche, Z06, ect...
I really love the Gen II GTS, it is just very beautiful, iconic and a blast to drive. I think for me it ultimately came down to wanting the car I always coveted, and placing that over anything else. Any car can be fast, some cars are faster than others... and the fastest cars change every year as we go faster and faster. But some cars are timelessly cool.
Not everyone loves Vipers, but those that do I have found are pretty loyal.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
keep in mind that this is "SVTPerformance" - a forum primarily for fans of SVT Fords, namely the Lightning, Cobras('03/'04 especially), & GT500 - and consider what kinds of cars those are. compared to competitors in price, the SVTs tend to have significantly more power & significantly more potential. and, compared to competitors in performance, the SVTs tend to be significantly more affordable with bulletproof reliability, and give up a bit in terms of tactile quality & NVH in exchange.

now, take the same people that are into the SVT offerings for the aforementioned reasons, move them forward a few years in their career. they get a break or get that degree and are making a decent chunk of change for a living now. they still like their SVTs but, c'mon, at this point we're talking about a 1978 Fairmont/1997 F150, upgraded in 2003 or what have you, and now it's had a decade and a half wear & tear - needless to say, it's time to move on. so, with a bigger budget and the desire for the same kind of car - raw, BIG power driver's car, with a bulletproof drivetrain, and a trade off of NVH/tactile quality for better $:performance. just like with the '03 Cobra, there's nicer cars out there, there's "better" cars out there, there's cheaper cars out there, there's faster cars out there, but, for a car enthusiast that wants an affordable, bulletproof performance car, with everything else taking a back seat to power & performance, there's pretty much nothing out there than can hang at that price. and the Viper has always been the same in that regard, just at a higher level.

that's why i love Vipers(among other reasons - hate on haters, NOTHING sounds as bad ass as that odd-fire V10!!!) and that's my interpretation of why the SVT community tends to love Vipers.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
"The Rawness" makes a cobra seem like a Bentley

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Why's the sky blue? Why's the grass green? Why boobs good?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The viper gts 99-02 blue with silver stripes is quite possibly the sexiest vehicle EVER.

Although after driving one for more than 2hrs at a time you will need a dentist to replace the filings that rattled out of your teeth, a chiropractor to adjust your back and possibly a trip to the burn center after your leg touches the sill plate. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread