why did you go automatic in your turbo terminator?

fangs99

Established Member
I went auto to cure the lag in between shifts and to cure traction issues I found with the stick.

I always like to show the dyno sheets between my 5spd and my auto swap, you can see that the power curve on the auto peaks much smoother than the peak on the stick. I hooked better, car seems much faster, and I get to listen to idiots tell me how all automatic cars are slow :rolling:.

with mach 1 T-3650

VBwaiHEl.jpg

With 4R70W

4qUzQB1l.jpg

Your curve with the auto is what my t-56/ 3.73 dyno curve looked like without the hp drop up top.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
i was barely breaking into the 10's with my 6-speed... on same power level, i'm running low 10's trying to break into the 9's. No regrets so far... and with a ratchet shifter, i still feel like I'm grabbing gears :)

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I couldn't keep a T56 alive to save my life. Broke three of them. Car was making 4 digits and I don't drive it gently.

Th400 and it's been trouble free for the last 5 years, has been in the 8s and I drive it to work when it's nice out. Absolutely positively ZERO regrets.

Your car is bad as **** man. I love it.

Bumblebee03

Established Member
You mean you kinda drove my car... As I recalled you lifted every time the light for the meth came on..... But wait til my auto swap is done....it will be game on.

I was not talking about your car man. I was talking about another friend of mine. I was scared of your when I drove it. Since then I have learned how to drive a high horsepower car.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Just trailered my car down the shop yesterday. Th400 should be in on Monday I can't wait. It'll be just in time for the arctic cold front with highs in the low 20s and lows around 7 degrees lol

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Best answer...Because I wanted every nut swinging t-56 lover on the local boards to give me crap and to get the "Its not a real cobra anymore" posts started. LOL

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
cannot complain for my swap... lentech with baumann controller... holding all the power I can produce... :) I wanted the overdrive!!!!!! I stayed with the 4R70W, has a transbrake and lockup!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread