Why did Ford put folding mirrors on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverNotch

Established Member
So, lately I've been looking for 01-04 cobra/gt side scoops. I want to get them painted the same time I do my mirrors. I think the 120 on ebay for side scoops is way too high especially for something that was on all gt and cobra cars and the only difference being the inserts which doesn't matter to me. I found a guy selling 03 cobra scoops for 25 plus 15 shipping the only thing is he said the tabs aren't broken but a little floppy. Is that going to make them hard to install or prone to snapping off?

zPipes

Established Member
If there is one thing i hate about Mustangs, it's the fact they don't come all standard with folding mirrors. When I had my 96 car, someone broke the mirror and left it hanging on my door in a parking lot. I make sure my car now has the cobra folding mirrors and have an extra set just in case I buy an other car soon.

LOL, clearly, if there is something to hate, THIS should be the one thing that just tickles your dick the wrong way.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Honestly I don't think that's a big deal other then how they look I don't think I will honestly fold the mirrors.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Ok, so I finally got my folding mirrors painted and installed. I got my larger side scoops painted and at the same time. The paint shop charged 100 out the door for the mirrors and scoops.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415723357.695902.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415723384.372663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415723407.233064.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've had my painted mirrors I've forgotten how the car looks without them. I have a friend with a ZY 01 and seeing his reminds me how much the painted mirrors help.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I love the folding mirrors and put my set on last year. I use the drivers side folding mirror all the time. Where its parked I need clearance to get by it so folding the mirror give up more room and less potential for damage :)

SilverNotch

Established Member
You'd have to basically get out of the car to fold them if you going in a carwash or something. The passenger mirror should be power folding.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Look at a 35th anniversary car sometime, lots of cool stuff, like the blackout between the tail lights, the hood scoop and side scoops, including the wing, not seen on regular mustangs until years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread