Why did Ford put folding mirrors on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrocket16

Established Member
Because Ford didn't have a folding mirror till 2003?

96 export cobras did.

I would say they had an excess supply and being it was the last run of the sn body style they threw them on a 'special edition' v6.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
not all 40th anniversary mustangs had folding mirrors. my v6 didn't.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
not all 40th anniversary mustangs had folding mirrors. my v6 didn't.

I think all v6-GT mustangs got the 40th anniversary badging. But you had to order that package to get the mirrors, wing delete, gold colored Bullitt wheels, etc etc.

Sent from my '79 Fairmont coupe

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
You should be about to paint them for less than that. It was a long time ago, but I think I had mine done for like $80-100 and that included fixing a scratch and painting the bases in addition to the housing.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Just ask car people you know or look around on local forums. That's how I've found every painter I've ever used. It's always cheaper than just walking in a shop and asking how much to paint something.

SilverNotch

Established Member
0FA5E7AF-805F-463E-8C9D-915DC7B9D37B.jpg

So after months of searching craigslist for wrecked 2004 mustang v6 40th anniversary models. I finally found a set of folding mirrors. I picked them up for 150.00 from a local yard. I'd like to think that I stole them. Its hard to find cobra parts that aren't sold at a cobra prices. Now if I can get them painted silver yn for 50.00 or less I'll still be making out. Or maybe I'll find someone with a wrecked silver cobra and trade to save the hassle of body shops.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
0FA5E7AF-805F-463E-8C9D-915DC7B9D37B.jpg

So after months of searching craigslist for wrecked 2004 mustang v6 40th anniversary models. I finally found a set of folding mirrors. I picked them up for 150.00 from a local yard. I'd like to think that I stole them. Its hard to find cobra parts that aren't sold at a cobra prices. Now if I can get them painted silver yn for 50.00 or less I'll still be making out. Or maybe I'll find someone with a wrecked silver cobra and trade to save the hassle of body shops.

I think you should just send me those so I can put them on my cobra ;-)

SilverNotch

Established Member
They are oxford white lol. Don't be jealous just look for wrecked 2004 40th anniversary mustang. I found two last year and the first set they didn't want to sell separate from the maroon v6. It is tempting to turn around and sell them for a full return of 300+ on eBay. I put so much time in trying to find a cheap set that I couldn't do it.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Awesome find, but it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get them painted for $50. It'll likely be closer to twice that, but it's worth every penny. One of my favorite appearance mods I've done.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I got a buddy I just met that knows a auto body guy at ford that said 50.00 so I'll see when I'm ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread