Why Cats?

palehorse

Established Member
Aside from loving clean air, is the only reason people switch to x or h pipe with "high flow cats" so they can pass a visual emmissions inspection? In otherwords, if you knew there was never going to be a visual inspection for cats, could you otherwise "trick" your computer to pass the OBDII inspection?

SpectorV

Established Member
I believe it also makes the car a bit less loud, not everyone wants something EXTREMLY loud, I know I dont.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Everything is true that has been mentioned before but highflow cats helps out with maintaining somewhat backpressure. Thats were you can get a LITTLE more torque, I believe. :rollseyes
I heard that you could possibly lose a lb of boost from o/r but dont hold me to it.

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Everything is true that has been mentioned before but highflow cats helps out with maintaining somewhat backpressure. Thats were you can get a LITTLE more torque, I believe. :rollseyes
I heard that you could possibly lose a lb of boost from o/r but dont hold me to it.

Ditto

DitchTehFish

Established Member
SpectorV said:
I believe it also makes the car a bit less loud, not everyone wants something EXTREMLY loud, I know I dont.
It actually makes the car a lot less loud and raspy. I agree with not wanting an extremely loud car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread