Why car feels like it's pulling a trailer

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
When I first start off and at slow speeding it's kinda jerky and feels like she is pulling something heavy. But when I get into it it seems to be just fine.
I have done the usual mods but I did use NGK TR6IX gapped at .32
I also get a Misfire 3 on my AeroForce. I guess I'll do some data logging on it in the morning.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
As mentioned over on Ford GT500 forums:

You have new plugs (we do not recommend the ones you are using. that is detailed over there as well)
Pop your coil covers off and check to see that your coil packs are seated properly and all leads are tucked in and out of the way.
Check your components for air leaks (everything from the mass air sensor on back).
Check your X3 for DTC codes. If any, write them down and forward them to your tuner (which appears to be us)
Include your full name, order number and ALL car mods.

thanks

bj

PrestonJ

Established Member
As mentioned over on Ford GT500 forums:

You have new plugs (we do not recommend the ones you are using. that is detailed over there as well)
Pop your coil covers off and check to see that your coil packs are seated properly and all leads are tucked in and out of the way.
Check your components for air leaks (everything from the mass air sensor on back).
Check your X3 for DTC codes. If any, write them down and forward them to your tuner (which appears to be us)
Include your full name, order number and ALL car mods.

thanks

bj

Just curious, what do you have against the NGK TR6 Spark Plugs? They are currently in my car (installed by previous owner) and so far I haven't had any issues with them myself.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Just curious, what do you have against the NGK TR6 Spark Plugs? They are currently in my car (installed by previous owner) and so far I haven't had any issues with them myself.

We use a FULL heat range colder than stock. Tr7ix or Motorcraft SP 471s.

That said, if you prefer 6s then who am I to say? ;)

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400535557.721740.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400535566.339565.jpg
TR6IX after a few hundred miles

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I've run both TR6's and SP-471's, and they both work perfectly. Almost 900rwh, and have seen up to 26lbs, and not a hiccup with them. I don't know why you'd want to run anything other than those. They're proven time and time again. Mine are gapped at .028.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Don't over think this. I mentioned what we use because we believe they are the best options. Why people put $2 copper plugs in these cars for more than track work is beyond me. But yes, they all work.

Users who are viewing this thread