Why can't people take care of their dogs?!?!

04owmach

Established Member
I was mowing and weedeating around the barn, garage, trees and house today and had my pup on his cable outside with me. (he is an inside dog but he loves being outside with me) In the last week or so i had to take the neighbors dog back to their house. This wouldn't be that big of a deal but i live right on a major highway and the neighbor lives across the road. Anyways both dogs come over to the house to play with my dog who is on his cable (35 foot cable). Littler of neighbors dog is shy and i geuss i scared when i was yelling for it to get out of the road and it took back off across the road. I had to watch a car hit this dog and the dog fly into the median and scream and run off. So i grabbed the bigger dogs collar and run him back home and tell the neighbor what happened and he didn't really even seem that upset. Just said "well they just started doing this lately". I really wanted to just punch this guy in the face and knockout what teeth he had left. Not sure if dog is ok or not but just needed to vent. SO keep an eye on your pets and don't let them run around by busy roads.

Sorry for the long read

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Call Animal Control on him. I have no respect for people that don't take care of their pets. I have seen dogs get hit because their owners don't care enough to put them on a leash, cable, etc. It tears me up.

king nothing

Established Member
I cant believe someone would be so disinterested when you told them their dog got hit. One of my dogs takes off on me occasionally and will run me around town for hours trying to catch him. We certainly dont let him go on purpose. Hes small and FAST. We have found out though that chasing him is a bad idea. If we dont chase him he will stay near the house until he is ready to come back in. If we do chase him he will run us all over town. I watched him get hit on the highway one night while we were trying to catch him

04owmach

Established Member
I hate to see that happen which is why we are extra careful with our dog when we go outside and put him on his cable (double checking its latched before we take his leash off). When we want to let him off the leash we go back to a gravel county road that there is very little traffic and he can run but he also listens very well. Just kills me that this poor dog got hit. If i call animal control will they take the dogs or just give them a ticket?

Planter

Banned
I was mowing and weedeating around the barn, garage, trees and house today and had my pup on his cable outside with me. (he is an inside dog but he loves being outside with me) In the last week or so i had to take the neighbors dog back to their house. This wouldn't be that big of a deal but i live right on a major highway and the neighbor lives across the road. Anyways both dogs come over to the house to play with my dog who is on his cable (35 foot cable). Littler of neighbors dog is shy and i geuss i scared when i was yelling for it to get out of the road and it took back off across the road. I had to watch a car hit this dog and the dog fly into the median and scream and run off. So i grabbed the bigger dogs collar and run him back home and tell the neighbor what happened and he didn't really even seem that upset. Just said "well they just started doing this lately". I really wanted to just punch this guy in the face and knockout what teeth he had left. Not sure if dog is ok or not but just needed to vent. SO keep an eye on your pets and don't let them run around by busy roads.

Sorry for the long read

I'm of the rather facetious type, but buy a dog cable tie the dog to their tree (not harming the dog of course), and put a padlock on the loops ends so they can't get the dog off the cable. maybe then they will get the big picture. Makes them have to come to you to get the dog freed from being linked to the tree. and then you have their undivided attention. of course, leave water and food within the dog's reach, just so you're not in wrong of the law. ;-)

Call Animal Control on him. I have no respect for people that don't take care of their pets. I have seen dogs get hit because their owners don't care enough to put them on a leash, cable, etc. It tears me up.

good advice here.

oldmodman

Established Member
Every city has different laws regarding dogs running loose, but here in Los Angeles it's not only a fine but a home inspection from animal control to make sure the dog(s) are all OK.

04owmach

Established Member
i hate to do it but next time the bigger dog comes over i am going to call animal control. the bigger dog is such a big sweetheart and he just wants to play with my dog but dammnit i cant watch another get hit.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I feel your pain man. I see this all the time and I just don't get it. I'd be worried sick if my dogs was at someone elses mercy, and being out there on the road they would be at all driver's mercies.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
My closest neighbor has two dogs. A chocolate Labrador and some kind of chow mix. Neither one of the dogs is paid much attention at all. The chow's permanent residence is a 10ftx10ft cage. He barks all hours of the night. Pretty much all night every night. Why get a ****ing dog if you aren't going to pay it any attention at all? There's no way that damn dog doesn't annoy the hell out of them to. I like to keep to myself but I'm about to blow a gasket on someone. /rant

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
If I can offer any advice it's to treat the guy like the asshole that he really is. He won't change but at least you'll get to make your point and feel better, then you won't have to vent about anything.

One time a friends neighbor's abused rescue dog went after me when I was walking to my car, which was parked in the driveway. The owner was gardening. I'm 35 feet from the woman yelling at her to get her ****ing dog. While it's lunging at me, going berserk, she told me that he shouldn't bite me. She quickly realized I was going to shoot her dog and ran over to save it. I told her I would see her next Tuesday, and to get an electric fence. They did not and the dog hurt my friends wife a short time later while she was walking to her car.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
I rent a little3 shack on the water and we were down there last weekend just relaxing by the bonfire. My buddies lab was jumping off the pier and swimming and we turn and see about an 80lb pitbull staring at us. Luckily he was friendly and just wanted to rail the other female dog. We tracked down the shack he belonged to and I called the number on a truck he had for sale and asked if it was his dog which he replied "yea, he just kinda runs around". I told him he wont leave our dog alone and hes gotta do something. He got nasty and said well i guess i can come down. We tied the dog to the deck and made sure he had water.......20 minutes later here comes the dog hauling ass down the road with a shock collar on.....so back to the house we took him. Why have a dog if you dont care about it?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The majority of people nowadays days cannot or will not take care of their kids, the act as if it is society's responsibility so long as they get that government check every month. Now you are expecting said people to take care of their animals?

:D

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I rent a little3 shack on the water and we were down there last weekend just relaxing by the bonfire. My buddies lab was jumping off the pier and swimming and we turn and see about an 80lb pitbull staring at us. Luckily he was friendly and just wanted to rail the other female dog. We tracked down the shack he belonged to and I called the number on a truck he had for sale and asked if it was his dog which he replied "yea, he just kinda runs around". I told him he wont leave our dog alone and hes gotta do something. He got nasty and said well i guess i can come down. We tied the dog to the deck and made sure he had water.......20 minutes later here comes the dog hauling ass down the road with a shock collar on.....so back to the house we took him. Why have a dog if you dont care about it?

Better yet what idiot just lets an 80 pound pitbull run around?

itSSlow98

Established Member
Fixed for ya... pits are great dogs when they have great owners.

The problem with pits is they attract the worst owners out there. They can be great dogs but I personally look at all of them as aggressive until I find out otherwise. I've been taken to the hospital because of a pit before so there is my reasoning.

allister

Established Member
They really need stricter laws for animal cruelty. People should have to pass a test get a license to own a pet. I could go on for days about this. Hope the dog that got hit is okay. IMO he should go to a new home along with the neighbors other dog, before they both get hit and killed by cars. What a scum bag.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I have recently learned my boxer can get going and jump over our fence... its a headache and very annoying. now we have to watch him and even then, last night he jumped over it right infront of me.. he didnt run away, was just chasing a damn squirrel. time for bigger fence or shocker lol

dom418

Established Member
Somebody needs to be the voice for these animals so do whatever you can to be that voice. It's not their fault their owners are scum bags. I have no patience for people who own animals and mistreat them.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Fixed for ya... pits are great dogs when they have great owners.

Look man I don't mean to offend you or anyone elseif you have a pit. They can be very docile excellent dogs. I have been around a lot of them. My best friend has owned pits for a long time and he used to breed them. We lived together in college. It's just that they have a reputation for a reason, it's not just bad owners. I rarely have seen a pit, even an unfixed male, aggressive toward people. It's other dogs. Pits are very dominant dogs. Males, even neutered males, tend to be aggressive toward other dogs. That's just my totally unprofessionally opinion derived from experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread