Why all the terminators for sale???

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I noticed recently all the Terminators up for sale. Alot with low mileage and in good shape. I know it's the end of another summer season, but (maybe I'm just noticing them more???) it seems as though there are quite a few of our cars changing hands, or at least current owners trying to make it so. Why??? Also, it seems like the ones better cared for with lower miles are getting good coin, even to the point oif recouping money spent modding them, which is most often not so. I'm just curious why???

BlueSnake01

Established Member
There was another thread like this when the 13 GT500 was getting ready to come out. It happens, people want a newer car and/or are done with the race/speed scene

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
There's always been quite a few Terminators up for grabs in the Market section, nothing new about that. I bought and sold my DSG coupe here on SVTP. After almost 7 years of ownership I had my fair share of fun with it and so it was time to move on to another toy. :shrug:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
They're getting older and the 10-13 is a better car in every way; especially the '13s. I can't wait to see the next gen Mustang myself. I've owned quite a few terminators and they are great looking and make nice power but it has it's short comings, shitty shifter position, uncomfortable seating, not enough leg room for a 6+ footer, they creek and rattle down the road, etc.

I'm NOT knocking it because I'm sure I'll own another one at some point but there are a LOT of performance car options out there for reasonable money today.

BladeX10

Established Member
Considering you can get a 11-12 GT for the same price as a decent Terminator, I think thats why. The newer cars are much better in everyway and have proven to handle gobs of power like Terminators.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Considering you can get a 11-12 GT for the same price as a decent Terminator, I think thats why. The newer cars are much better in everyway and have proven to handle gobs of power like Terminators.

Where can I get a decent 11+ GT for around 19K? Which is about what the average terminator goes for now.

I'd buy one if I could get one for that price, would look nice next to my Cobra. Cheapest I've seen the newer GTs go for is like 23-24K Plus tax/title/licensing.

Zemedici

Established Member
They're getting older and the 10-13 is a better car in every way; especially the '13s. I can't wait to see the next gen Mustang myself. I've owned quite a few terminators and they are great looking and make nice power but it has it's short comings, shitty shifter position, uncomfortable seating, not enough leg room for a 6+ footer, they creek and rattle down the road, etc.

I'm NOT knocking it because I'm sure I'll own another one at some point but there are a LOT of performance car options out there for reasonable money today.

I'll admit the cobra has some weaknesses (IRS, cheap interior)

But i dont agree with any of those you have mentioned, I came from a 350z, and love the shifter position, I'm 6'1 and have NO problem with leg room, matter of fact, my technican that works on the car is 7'1 and drives the car no problem...ha And I've drove to Savannah and back in the Cobra (5 hours one way) and didnt have a problem.

Where can I get a decent 11+ GT for around 19K? Which is about what the average terminator goes for now.

I'd buy one if I could get one for that price, would look nice next to my Cobra. Cheapest I've seen the newer GTs go for is like 23-24K Plus tax/title/licensing.

This. I almost bought a 5.0 instead of the cobra, but the weaker motor, MT-82 issues, part costs (Go to the dealership and ask how much a SINGLE taillight bulb is, as they're LEDs) and MASS produced numbers were enough of a turn off for me.

I'm seeing LESS cobras for sale, there's 1 or 2 for sale on craigslist in the Atlanta area, one of which is my buddy's ha.

:beer:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
That shit cray! I'm only 6'3" and I HATED the seating position and shifter location. Different strokes I suppose.

But i dont agree with any of those you have mentioned, I came from a 350z, and love the shifter position, I'm 6'1 and have NO problem with leg room, matter of fact, my technican that works on the car is 7'1 and drives the car no problem...ha And I've drove to Savannah and back in the Cobra (5 hours one way) and didnt have a problem.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member

This. I almost bought a 5.0 instead of the cobra, but the weaker motor, MT-82 issues, part costs (Go to the dealership and ask how much a SINGLE taillight bulb is, as they're LEDs) and MASS produced numbers were enough of a turn off for me.

I'm seeing LESS cobras for sale, there's 1 or 2 for sale on craigslist in the Atlanta area, one of which is my buddy's ha.

I don't see the IRS as a drawback; but admittedly it is maybe a weakness. I love my IRS (even though it is, with more HP a "weakness") but wouldn't trade it for an SRA. I do think they are a better looking car then the new body style.

I was referring to SVTP on the "more for sale recently" thought. It seems everytime I log on there's another Cobra up for sale (or trade.) I, for one, intend to keep mine until I'm on the roots side of the lawn!!! It was then, and still is to many, a first, the father (so to speak) of all the new Shelby's and something worth keeping, if you can.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I don't know why so many are for sale, but my guess would be because times are hard and they are pulling a premium on the market still due to supply and demand. I know that sounds contradictory, but around here there are NO Cobras in good shape that are for sale at dealers...the ones that have them have 80k+ and are still asking $20k.

I hope I get to keep my Cobra forever, but if someone looking for a low mileage 10th came along with $30k....it would be tempting. :D

Oh, and I'm 6'7" and fit ok...it's a bit snug, but after owning a C5 Corvette...it might as well be a Cadillac.

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
I sold mine a couple years ago. My intent was to build another and still is. My prob right now is the 10 and 11 gt500s are in a price range I can afford . But doing that I'll have a larger payment than I want , slowing my build down. Because I'll be buying parts for the new car instead of parts I need for the build. I'm gonna think about it another couple months .

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I never see 03-04 Cobras around here on the street, it's like spotting an unicorn, don't see them for sale either. There's a Yellow Whipple 04 up the street from me, the guy never takes it out from his garage. I'd rock that bitch every chance I could get.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I said many times in the past that I don't see more than 4-5 Terminators in a given year, and most of those belong to owners I know. In my driving around the state, I don't see more than one Terminator a year.

One thing for sure. If someone has one for sale, it will usually get a good deal of attention. More so when the mileage is low.

Dragu1a

Established Member
That shit cray! I'm only 6'3" and I HATED the seating position and shifter location. Different strokes I suppose.

6'2" no issues.

I have noticed more '11+ 5.0's and '13+ GT500's for sale.

same here.

i have a couple friends that live around town that have 03/04, but unless we're out together(which doesn't happen very often) i raaaarely see another one. i can count on 1 hand in the past 2yrs how many i've seen out, that wasn't 1 of the 5 of us.

Users who are viewing this thread