whpple 2.9 and lethal 1000hp fuel system install

ARBOC1

Established Member
My Mech is having a terrible time with this install. The instructions from whipple were way off. They were for a 3.4 whipple. Not that it mattered much.
Also the fuel linjes on the fuel system are outta whack.
Anyone here have a hard time with either system?

ARBOC1

Established Member
The vacum lines The tensioner pulley needed to come off
but mostly the fuel line. the most diffucult one is the regulator to th y block. its way to long..
Had a hard time seating the fuel hat. Turns out my tank is dented in. Gotta order one soon. Got it riged up so it works with the current tank

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So he can't cut the lines to fit? I'm confused, this should be stuff mechanics have knowledge on? I just did my very first blower swap and fore level 1 return fuel system, I'm NO mechanic!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Unfortunately blowers and fuel systems etc. have a little improvising and figuring out along the way. There is no clear cut step by step perfect install out there. Figuring some of it out is just the nature of the beast.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I had no problems with installing mine and im also no mechanic. The lines can easily be cut to size and they include all the fittings you need so im not sure why he would be having problems. Mine was on a 2.9 also... and the instructions were not horrible, but as always there are a few minor things left up to you.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
With all the threads on this site and the Lethal Performance directions. This install for an experienced mechanic familiar with these cars should be a breeze. What shop did you take it to and what type of hiccups are they having?

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Lethal had a problem with lines being long from there provider, just give them a call to get new ones

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
So he can't cut the lines to fit? I'm confused, this should be stuff mechanics have knowledge on? I just did my very first blower swap and fore level 1 return fuel system, I'm NO mechanic!

The lines are preassembled with fittings, so you can't just make them shorter

Users who are viewing this thread