Who's running Strange Adj S6009LM/S6008LMS

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Looking at getting a set for my '14 5.0 with GT500 strut mounts and BMR springs. I know this is a popular set up in the drag racing scene, but anyone running these on a street car? If so what settings are you guys using on the street? Kinda on the fence with these. Just want a decent ride and some adj if I take it to the track. I think the S6008LMS are new and are meant for 1" to 1.5" lowered cars. So it makes me think these should hold up well for street/strip use.

BMR Tech

Everyone that replies, will likely be using these on the street. I also assume that there will be nothing but good feedback.

We were involved in the early development of the S197 Strange dampers, and they were engineered for street/strip and even handling improvement.

Since August 2010, we have been using the S6009LM and S6008LM on our daily driver 2011, with our BMR-SP009 Lowering Springs.

Good luck!

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Thanks Kelly, that's what I was figuring. I may just change over and get the S6008LM. Do you guys have any feed back on the LMS shocks yet?

BMR Tech

I don't.

The only difference is the travel range of the shock. The LMS is engineered to operate on a lowered car, like the LM is on a stock height car.

I have never seen an issue from a stock designed (travel length) shock, and lowering springs. Now, I have seen (OEM) struts fail prematurely when lowering. Not Strange.....but OEM.

I think you will be fine with any of the part #'s. Order whatever you want, in the 6009 and 6008 variation.

We have the LM, on 1.5" drop for years now.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Ok, awesome. Good to know. I'll PM you again next month Kelly. I'm working on my BMR list right now. I'll come by the shop and pick it up from ya. I need to get the wife to stop spending my car money! lol

lindermant

Established Member
Looking at getting a set for my '14 5.0 with GT500 strut mounts and BMR springs. I know this is a popular set up in the drag racing scene, but anyone running these on a street car? If so what settings are you guys using on the street? Kinda on the fence with these. Just want a decent ride and some adj if I take it to the track. I think the S6008LMS are new and are meant for 1" to 1.5" lowered cars. So it makes me think these should hold up well for street/strip use.

I'm running S6009LM / S6008LM with GT500 strut mounts and FRPP cobra jet springs (M-5300-Q) on my '05 GT. I usually have them set a +5 clicks from full soft at all four corners for daily driving; feels like stock.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
I'm running S6009LM / S6008LM with GT500 strut mounts and FRPP cobra jet springs (M-5300-Q) on my '05 GT. I usually have them set a +5 clicks from full soft at all four corners for daily driving; feels like stock.

Ok, cool. I was thinking +5 on all four would be a good start.

awestmo

Established Member
Can't go wrong with the Strange/gt500 setup.

I'm running +6 in the front and +3 in the back FWIW.

BV600

Established Member
Love my strange Shock/BMR Springs/GT500 mounts combo. Only complaint is I have some noise on the passenger front that wont go away. Ive taken it apart 3 times and made sure it was properly put together. I think the problem is the spring making contact on the coils? I dont know if BMR has a fix for this.
I run full soft in the front and half way on the rears

BMR Tech

^ I like those settings on a street car, personally.

My preference with the BMR Springs is 3-4 rear, and 6-7 front.

BMR Tech

Love my strange Shock/BMR Springs/GT500 mounts combo. Only complaint is I have some noise on the passenger front that wont go away. Ive taken it apart 3 times and made sure it was properly put together. I think the problem is the spring making contact on the coils? I dont know if BMR has a fix for this.
I run full soft in the front and half way on the rears

If you have a noise from the springs stacking, stick something in between the coils and see if the noise goes away. Call me after you get your results.

AKDMB

Established Member
With my steeda sport springs and my strange's set soft it rides likes OEM, if not more comfortable. When I want to I can turn 'em up and the car has more grip than I have balls. I used the S6008LMS, and they worked out great. I haven't read anything bad though from anyone that is lowered and has the normal length ones. My car is lowered like 1.25" and they recommend it for cars lowered 1"-1.5". I would go with the S6008LMS if I was lowered though, seems like it would allow the shocks to work more.

scotmach

Established Member
I'm running this exact same setup now. Ride is okay, nothing special. My big complaint right now is I can't hook up at all on the street with my M/T drag radials. I'm running full soft on the front and 5 on the rear per Kelly's recommendation and I cannot for the life of me keep the tires from blowing off. I'm actually getting a little frustrated.

BMR Tech

^ you are blowing the tires off N/A?

Stick with the soft front setting, and try various rear settings. Some pavement needs a softer setting, and some needs stiffer.

For example, on concrete....you may find that 7-10 will work fine. On asphalt, you may find that 2-5 is good.

The better the pavement/surface, typically, the stiffer you can run because you are relying on the tire and the surface to work. So, like...with a slick at the track....stiffen it up and make the slick work.

You may also want to play with the UCA/LCA angles too.

There are too many people hooking their balls off with your mods, you definitely have the capability and parts to make it work.

When my customers have traction problems, when I don't feel they should be.....sometimes what I do is recommend inducing squat and stiffening the rebound on the shocks very stiff to hold the squat. Inducing squat the quickest and easiest way, is to make the LCA angle DOWN towards the chassis as much as possible...instead up going up towards the chassis. I want to see "anti-squat" - but sometimes, the pavement/tires/power won't let that happen.

BV600

Established Member
If you have a noise from the springs stacking, stick something in between the coils and see if the noise goes away. Call me after you get your results.

Yep I tried it a week or two ago with some foam padding I had laying around it was quiet for a couple days then started again. Looked under there and the foam piece was gone.

I will give you a call tomorrow!

AKDMB

Established Member
Try making sure the strut mount is bottomed out on the strut shaft too

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
With my steeda sport springs and my strange's set soft it rides likes OEM, if not more comfortable. When I want to I can turn 'em up and the car has more grip than I have balls. I used the S6008LMS, and they worked out great. I haven't read anything bad though from anyone that is lowered and has the normal length ones. My car is lowered like 1.25" and they recommend it for cars lowered 1"-1.5". I would go with the S6008LMS if I was lowered though, seems like it would allow the shocks to work more.

Awesome, glad to hear they are working out. I have a set of the LMS on order!

djclark

Established Member
I'm also running the LMS lowered units. Setup is in sig. I am running 5f and 2r. Only complaint I have is over rough pavement at speed 80+ car does not seem too settled. I'm gonna try the 6f 3r setting kelly mentioned above and see if that helps out.

David

any update on anyone running the LMS lowered units? Im trying to decide between the two using the bmr sp009 springs.

Users who are viewing this thread