Who's running Paxton SC or Vortech i need your help !

RusWolf

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm having MAJOR problems with my stock fan.

I can't get the charge pipes all hooked up to the Paxton NOVI 2200SL unit when the fan is installed in the car. I modified the fan just like paxton wanted me to but still it is not hooking up. Mainly the coupler that supposed to go from the blower to the first pipe that has by pass valve mounted to it.

Has ANYONE experienced similar problem or is it just me missing something ?

Thanks !

RusWolf

Established Member
Yes Terry and I were on the phone a lot and he was helping me out.
I took some pics of the blower position, but i forgot to take pics before i took the fan out. I will text you what i have Terry.

Edit: Texted pictures that i have, how the head is positioned.

Last edited:

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Step 1: get you panties outta a bunch and remove tampon

Step 2: remove fan again insure the ribs on the back of the fan are shaved down too. Not just notched at the bottom.

Step 3: install pipe on blower with clamps not tighted, bypass toward middle of car little to the back.

Step 4: push the **** outta the fan and wiggle it back in.

Step 5: find a friend with little girl hands (I used 93fox) to use a long screw driver or racket and tight it up.

Step 6: mock up all other piping and be ready to adjust and slide it all around 100 times to get a good fit.

Step 7: tighten it and hope u never have to touch it again

Good luck sir.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Step 1: get you panties outta a bunch and remove tampon

Step 2: remove fan again insure the ribs on the back of the fan are shaved down too. Not just notched at the bottom.

Step 3: install pipe on blower with clamps not tighted, bypass toward middle of car little to the back.

Step 4: push the **** outta the fan and wiggle it back in.

Step 5: find a friend with little girl hands (I used 93fox) to use a long screw driver or racket and tight it up.

Step 6: mock up all other piping and be ready to adjust and slide it all around 100 times to get a good fit.

Step 7: tighten it and hope u never have to touch it again

Good luck sir.

Thanks for your reply, but panties and tampon joke/line keep it for yourself buddy!
If i have not tried 100 different ways i would not even post online asking for help so keep the tampon BS outta here..!

I've already removed the fan and all the pipes are on. The shop on base is closed until Wednesday so i can't get to it until then.

The issue i may have here is i do not know anyone with girl hands. I'm tactical Recon so all the guys i know are solid built with man's hands :bash:

What ribs on the back of the fan are you talking about ? Can you take a picture of how it's installed on your car ? Mainly the plugs in connector that connect's the fans to the car. That what the issue is mainly.

Unless i'm also thinking just cutting the plug-in bracket and have it hanging by wires.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
See, you got butt hurt. Lol I was just messing calm down bud. Everyone ****s with people on here, part of the crowd, we talk shit.

I feel you on the hands, I'm a gorilla juice monkey. Ha Go to the shop and just grab a random girl.

There are little support ribs on the back of the fan higher up from the notch, it pushes that pipe at a messed up angle and it won't seat correctly. I had to shave them down flush with the fan shroud and bolted right up then. It was a bad until I figured it out. Got stuck in the sane spot.

I don't have any pics sorry tho.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
See, you got butt hurt. Lol I was just messing calm down bud. Everyone ****s with people on here, part of the crowd, we talk shit.

I feel you on the hands, I'm a gorilla juice monkey. Ha Go to the shop and just grab a random girl.

There are little support ribs on the back of the fan higher up from the notch, it pushes that pipe at a messed up angle and it won't seat correctly. I had to shave them down flush with the fan shroud and bolted right up then. It was a bad until I figured it out. Got stuck in the sane spot.

I don't have any pics sorry tho.

No i didn't get butt hurt, i would not even mention it if screaming for help was the first thing i did when it did not fit. But i have tried like i said multiple times turning the fan different ways, turning the coupler and checking if the blower is properly seated.
Dude i'm fine with shit talking for the most part, but not when I know i did everything i can think of to make it work. Think about it, it makes sense... In my opinion shit talking is fun and games but there is a place and time for it. When i'm seriously trying to make this work and i'm out of ideas that tampon joke in my opinion is out of place. I know it's all good for you because your stuff is all installed and well but there is pressure on me because i need to fix this issue ASAP so i can go to freaking work and not miss formations and not have to ask people for rides!

I'm just a little frustrated because i already spent about 20 hours in total working on the car and this issue is just messing with my mind. The bay at the shop on base is not free so 3 days that i worked on the car it's a $100. Obviously i want to get it done ASAP so i don't waste my $$$ and this issue alone probably took 2 hours putting the fan in and out, installing and un-installing charge pipes etc etc...

The only ribs i can think off are the ribs that are on the top of the plug bracket.
I'm gonna try to find a picture of the fan and post it so maybe you would be able to to copy it to your computer and highlight it with paint program.

RusWolf

Established Member
Here is a picture,

Is that what you are talking about ?

Untitled.png

This is picture highlights the part that is REALLY on the way.
I did cut it like in the picture, now i'm thinking maybe i need to cut even more.

Untitled1.png

Last edited:

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Got that your frustrated. Why I'm trying to help. Was exactly in ur shoes.

No not those. Even tho I don't think those are on mine either.

Look at where u made the notch on the passenger side. Right above that on the back side (as it sits installed) there are 2 ribs that stick up toward the back up the car. Cut those flush to the shroud. Believe it was 2. That is ur problem area. Id put money on it.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Which way I'd up in that 2nd pic? If that is the bottom u circled that's the area. Mine was hitting at the bottom where the pipe bent forward, so it wouldn't seat to the blower. Took me all day to figure out too.

RusWolf

Established Member
Which way I'd up in that 2nd pic? If that is the bottom u circled that's the area. Mine was hitting at the bottom where the pipe bent forward, so it wouldn't seat to the blower. Took me all day to figure out too.

The part highlighted is the top. That's the part hitting the coupler that connects first charge pipe and a blower.

Also ur charge pipe might be flipped upside down. Where is ur bypass facing?

My bypass is turned towards the driver side.
If it was flipped it would be facing towards the passenger wheel well.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
The part highlighted is the top. That's the part hitting the coupler that connects first charge pipe and a blower.

My bypass is turned towards the driver side.
If it was flipped it would be facing towards the passenger wheel well.

Same area I had to trim the hell out of. More of the ribs not the square part. Just checking on the pipe, never know with some you recon guys. Jk

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread