Who's running O/R H-Pipe? Come inside...

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I currently have the MAC O/R Prochamber and love the sound but it seems to hang a little low and I want to lower my Cobra so I think I'm going to replace it with a regular O/R H-pipe. I'm leaning towards the 2.5 O/R Mac Hpipe, do any of you have experience with this pipe? Sound clips? What about other h-pipes for our cars? Feedback appreciated.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
My car is lowered and I run a pro chamber fine.... You need to use a jack to lift up the mid pipe and then you tighten everything and it will tuck up.

BLUESNK

SVT God
Established Member
I am running a MRT catted H-pipe with my borlas, and it sounds great and doesn't hang too low.

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
My car is lowered and I run a pro chamber fine.... You need to use a jack to lift up the mid pipe and then you tighten everything and it will tuck up.

This^^

Your subframe connectors will protect the prochamber after you tuck it up.

You do have subframe connectors, right?

CanuckSnake

Established Member
I just put long tubes with mac H-pipe on mine. Was running manifolds with an x-pipe before. I'm in love with the new sound!!! Its tough to explain but with the x-pipe the frequncy or beats per minute:shrug: were much higher. With the h-pipe its much lower, more of a brap, brap, brap, compared to a buzz. It also sounds less like an out-board motor at idle. More of an old muscle car sound. Hardly hangs lower then the frame connectors. Alot of the sound difference might have come from the long tubes as well so I don't know if any of this will help you:D

nol300

Established Member
O/R prochamber here and lowered with h&r race with no top iso's and Tuk up like mentioned above and you will be good. I like the pro compared to the the H IMO?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I hear you guys but i'm not sure there is any room for adjustment? It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I may tinker with my car and see if I can get my exhaust to tuck up some more. Also, I do have subframe connectors and if you are saying that I can get the PC to tuck up to the same height as my SFCs then I will be good to go. I really would like to keep the PC but I'm willing to go to a regular H-Pipe if I have to to clear the lip on my driveway, there will be no X-pipes on this Cobra. Thanks for the feedback guys, I will update you when I find the solution.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Try to do as suggested but if you must get an H go with the Mac aluminized, great bang for the buck midpipe, mines been on for 3+ years and it still looks perfect..

postalbunny

Established Member
+1 for using jack to tuck mid pipe up. Put a towel or something on it to protect the pipe from scratches, jack it up as high as you can get it, then tighten everything down. I've got a lowered car, so i've done this to get every mm of clearance I can.

My sub-frames (global west) don't go down lower than the lowest part of the mid pipe, not sure if others do. So that may not be the best form of "protection".

Users who are viewing this thread