Who's looking for a rust free Notch?

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Who's looking for a rust free Notch? (PICS ADDED)

Because I have one I need to sell. Looking for offers on it at this point as it is not completed to my standards. Some of you have seen it already and some have not. I will say right off the bat this car IS NOT perfect, its 23 years old. What I will say is that theres no rust on this car whatsoever. This car is primer grey right now, looks like whoever had it before me started to paint it red, or it was red at one point.

$5500 obo

Has a cracked windshield but that may be replaced before it sells.
**Will add pics later**

1990 LX (VIN comes up as original 4cyl) *Will add mileage later*
306 c.i
8.8 posi rear
Full shaved and sprayed engine bay
Holley Heads
Holley 650 carb
Edlebrock Victor jr. intake
Full MSD Ignition/Distributor
Trickflow Cam
BBK shorty headers and full exhaust, Bassani mufflers.
Eibach Springs all around
Eibach front shocks
QA1 Adjustable shocks in the rear
Tubular control arms in rear
Performance rear Diff cover (not sure brand)
PA Performance Starter (Going in this week along with new Battery)
New fuel lines from front to back
Draglites in the rear with brand new BFG radials.
Cervinis Fiberglass cowl hood

Im sure theres other misc things I didnt list. Come look at it for yourself. This is not a complete show car, but it is a great base for someone to make their own. I have no paperwork with this car, just the title, so dont show up asking where all the reciepts are at. I didnt build this car I got it pretty close to what it is now and I did some minor tweaks to it. From my understanding its been to Dez Racing for most of the work so maybe you could get with him for the whole scoop, I believe the engine was built when he was using Bob from CE racing.

-Tom

Last edited:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
This is just mean not adding the pics. Hope all is going well man that you were not able to finish

Mystic1199

Established Member
Even without pics i can tell you 3k is a stretch for this car ...just from what you are listing id say if you can get 1500-2k id hand title over and tell the buyer enjoy ...if you are going to want more then 3500 i have a feeling you will be sitting on it for a little while .

SVTmystic290

Established Member
$1500-2000??? Not sure if serious...

Rust free notch ROLLERS are going for in the $2000-3000 area. Im not going to be asking the world for this thing but I dont expect to be lowballed either.

And Sonic thanks man, it is a shame I have to let it go, unfortunatley other priorities have come up that are more important.

I will add pics now that do not have the Draglites on the car. Will add pics of the current setup as soon as I can take some pics.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

No more stickers on it at this point. And it has draglites on the rear and ponys on the front.

Mystic1199

Established Member
$1500-2000??? Not sure if serious...

Rust free notch ROLLERS are going for in the $2000-3000 area. Im not going to be asking the world for this thing but I dont expect to be lowballed either.

And Sonic thanks man, it is a shame I have to let it go, unfortunatley other priorities have come up that are more important.

I will add pics now that do not have the Draglites on the car. Will add pics of the current setup as soon as I can take some pics.

Im actually very serious ...notchs are played out and everyone thinks they are worth millions ..i buy foxbodys all the time and dont bother with notchs

to compare there is a 93Notch roller on CL right now ..one color not in primer black interior ,draglites he is asking 3500 and its been on there for a few weeks now not moving ...or the 90 black on black that came on few days ago with 5lug and new paint job and bunch of new parts for 6k and its still for sale

Your asking more then 3k for a 4 cyl swap with no paperwork so you cant prove anything on the car ,primered and carbed

If you can get more for it all the power to you but look at it from a buyers point of view ...you can get more car for a little more money .

and no im not lowballing you cause the car isnt worth much to me at all .

SVTmystic290

Established Member
You are entitled to your opinion, thats fine. To say that notchs are played out seems a bit over the top to me, its still a wanted and well liked car that many people still modify.

I know its not worth millions, Ive looked at 100s of these things and I understand people over value them, I already said I will not be asking the world for this car. But I also dont think you need paper work to prove what can be seen with the naked eye. If you know mustangs you can look at this car and see what is done to it.

If you dont like it and dont want it there is no need for you to be in this thread. I think its that simple, I appreciate your opinion but this was not a thread about how much the car is worth, if it was I would have asked that in the OP. If the car doesnt sell Ill paint it and drive it, someone will want it down the road whether its now or 5 months from now.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the guy with the cash or checkbook.
In my experiences, clean solid notch rollers without a handbasket full of issues are in the mid to high 3000's all day long.
In the world of lowballers and internet superheros you can't start low and increase your price. That's why every sale on craigslist usually ends in "obo"

SVTmystic290

Established Member
The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the guy with the cash or checkbook.
In my experiences, clean solid notch rollers without a handbasket full of issues are in the mid to high 3000's all day long.
In the world of lowballers and internet superheros you can't start low and increase your price. That's why every sale on craigslist usually ends in "obo"

Agreed. And if anyone can point me in the direction of a rust free running and driving notchback for $2000 I will gladly buy it :lol1:

Mystic1199

Established Member
hahaha toss it on Craigslist and see what you get for offers like you said its my opinion and im not saying im right or wrong ......but from buying 20-30 foxbodys a year i have a general idea of what they sell for

since your looking for a clean car i have a 83notch one color not primered zero rot or rust runs and drives ill sell it to you for 2800 Pm me if you got cash and ready to buy it

Good luck with your sale ill keep out of your thread but ill give it a bump in a few weeks and see how you made out with it .

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

No more stickers on it at this point. And it has draglites on the rear and ponys on the front.

Hey just an FYI. That looks like a spray can primer job and if it is then I'd suggest you remove it all. The car needs a complete paint job and the spray can primers can't be painted over with real automotive paints.

Good luck with your sale, but if you follow the classifieds you can a get a real world idea as to what that car is worth. That car will be tough to sell, but the right buyer may come along.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Im just surprised I am getting such negative feedback when I didnt even put a pricetag on the car... Its not like Im sitting here asking $10k for it. I did say this car is not perfect, but its a complete v8 swap and its clean. To say it will be a tough sell and that Id be lucky to get $2000 is just surprising to me I guess...

SVTmystic290

Established Member
No I said I would be willing to take offers on it. I didn't anticipate them being the the $3000 range. Like I said, if no one wants it Ill paint it and drive it, it is what it is.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
No I said I would be willing to take offers on it. I didn't anticipate them being the the $3000 range. Like I said, if no one wants it Ill paint it and drive it, it is what it is.

What were you expecting? You have a 4cy conversion and it's carbed. Car isn't painted and looks to be spray can primed which all has to be stripped off to paint it right. Engine bay is so so looking. Ugly weld on the passenger side front @ the strut tower. No a/c in the car either.

Do you know what it will cost to paint that car correctly? $4000 easily. You have a project car and with the money you want plus what it will cost to finish it correctly I can buy a real V8 foxbody with a nice h/c/i motor for the same or less money.

Ideally I think you are looking for someone who wants a track car. Toss it on corral.net and see what people offer.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Just from doing a quick scan of craigslist Notch rollers (painted) are going for $2800-$3600. And some of those looked like shit. How is my car, with a running driving built 306 in it, worth $2000?

Ill add an asking price right now. If no one likes my price...no one has a gun to your head telling you to buy it. Its just like the ammo shortage right now, everyone bitches about the cost of bullets but no one is forcing you to buy them.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Just from doing a quick scan of craigslist Notch rollers (painted) are going for $2800-$3600. And some of those looked like shit. How is my car, with a running driving built 306 in it, worth $2000?

Ill add an asking price right now. If no one likes my price...no one has a gun to your head telling you to buy it. Its just like the ammo shortage right now, everyone bitches about the cost of bullets but no one is forcing you to buy them.

Like others stayed those cars your talking about have nice clean engine bays and are real v8 cars, have a paint job or body looks nice and or has nice rims , and they are fuel injected, you have a dirty looking carbed ugly engine and nasty looking engine bay and the car is primered and looks like a redneck mustang lol and your wondering why ur getting only $2,000-$3,000 offers,hell look @ my car in my sig my car is mint laser red car with $20k into it has a clean real built 306 h/c/i everything is done, and I get $5,000-$8,000 dollars offered for my car, and you think that said foxbody is worth more then $3,000 and wonder why u get those offers>? :bash::poke::beer::shrug::burn:

Users who are viewing this thread