Who's going to get the new VMP gen 3 blower

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I recently reached out to VMP recently about the new blower set up. As others have stated this will be for the 5.0 and GT500 crowd. I asked if they still plan on selling the Gen 2R blowers once this is released and they were not sure. The person I spoke with mentioned the 2.3 may not be available.

I guess I should state I was inquiring about the 5.0 set ups and not the Cobra ones. I can't imagine they would discontinue the 2.3 blowers as they are a great performing blower, I guess time will tell. Hopefully some of us can score a good deal on a 2.3 once the 2.65 is released. The little 2.3 will will be just fine for me.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
The only reason I could see they wouldn't do the 2.65 for the cobra is the cost for R&D for getting it on the car. The dimensions of the blower isn't much larger than the 2.3. Someone had commented asking about the gen 3 on a new cobra and they said "we can't comment on it at this time" so I guess we will see. If not someone can always run an adapter plate like what's done already with the H122 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wckdvnm

Established Member
Also it's worth noting that there is a better rotor pack design that has more twist and and higher boost capabilities but VMP never took that new design. It's called the TVS2 and it was made to run higher boost stand alone and work better for twin charged setups.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn if they aren't going to make it for the Cobra please don't discontinue the 2.3. My Cobra will be paid off in a year. I really don't wanna purchase a VMP blower until then lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
Damn if they aren't going to make it for the Cobra please don't discontinue the 2.3. My Cobra will be paid off in a year. I really don't wanna purchase a VMP blower until then lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt the would; but I do know a 2650 is possible on the cobra it comes down to if someone wants to get all the r&d done and submit design specs to eaton. I emailed them about how to get a blower produced and I got a generic response about design specifications and dimensions. I'm all honesty the VMP blower looks the way it does because that's the design they submitted. I know the show blower eaton took to a automotive conference looked just like a whipple with straight fins running from bottom to top for both the 2300 and 2650 they had on display.

cj428mach

Established Member
I doubt the would; but I do know a 2650 is possible on the cobra it comes down to if someone wants to get all the r&d done and submit design specs to eaton. I emailed them about how to get a blower produced and I got a generic response about design specifications and dimensions. I'm all honesty the VMP blower looks the way it does because that's the design they submitted. I know the show blower eaton took to a automotive conference looked just like a whipple with straight fins running from bottom to top for both the 2300 and 2650 they had on display.
Im pretty sure Roush designed and built the case for the cobra tvs. Thats why the vmp case looks identical to the Roush.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure if I'd upgrade or not. My car feels like its right in the "sweet" spot.

Users who are viewing this thread