Who's going to get the new VMP gen 3 blower

wckdvnm

Established Member
So VMP has been teasing about the new GEN 3 blower (TVS R2650) and I was curious to see if any of the guys who were already on 2.9 blowers would make the switch down in size. I got emailed by eaton about the new improvements to the TVS that are coming in the new 2650. If VMP makes a cobra version what would be the purpose of getting a 2.3, the market would be flooded with cheap used ones for sure. What's your guy's thoughts on it?
1e738fc8f5f2b8c0b5625d27ac08e864.png

Cabbage

Established Member
Is it going to available for Cobras? I was under the impression it was going to be for the 5.0 and GT500s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm just about maxed out fuel wise on my Tvs... I'm more than happy with this one!!!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If VMP makes a cobra version what would be the purpose of getting a 2.3, the market would be flooded with cheap used ones for sure. What's your guy's thoughts on it?

I doubt that. There comes a point of diminishing returns when you're trying to keep a stock motor together and/or have fuel type limitations. The 2.3 will always be perfect for the pump gas users. And going much past 700 on ethanol....thoughts of the motor/driveline shattering become more realistic.

There will always be a strong market for the 2.3 I would think.

Cabbage

Established Member
I don't even know why I think I'd need that. Got a brand new gen 2 in on my shelf I need to get installed. The 2.3 from what I've seen is great blower and perfect match for our cars but a bit bigger one would be pretty awesome too. I guess we'll have to see when it comes out.

elcobrita

Established Member
Im hoping this comes out for our cars. I'm sure Cobra Engineering would work his magic and make us an adapter if it's not mod motor specific.

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
looks promising for sure. but like stated above the 2.3 just fits these cars. and if you cant take advantage of the extra power it would make then why make the switch? if building a high hp engine with all other supporting pieces (trans, rear end ect...) then sure.
judging by what the gen2r guys are seeing id image thes eblowers will be very popular with the gt500 crowd

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP needs to hurry up already... the 2650R is already out for other platforms.. (GM LS).

Its going to be a SICK blower.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
do we know any of the benefits over going with this over any other blower yet?

sono

Established Member
I would, but I'd need to see 50whp over the tvs setup I have, to justify the coin!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP needs to hurry up already... the 2650R is already out for other platforms.. (GM LS).
Its going to be a SICK blower.
Yes sir indeed.
Do you think it would be a direct bolt-on for older style Mustangs like the 2011's and up? I imagine it would.

do we know any of the benefits over going with this over any other blower yet?
See the first post and the stats/numbers.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I say go big or go home. What's the fun with ballin on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread