WHO'S AT FAULT!!!! 3.4 Whipple

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkepit

Established Member
Sorry guys I'm not that type of person to bash people on the the net but damn.The more I work on this thing the more upset I get.

This what I thought I was getting
th_blower.jpg

This is what I got.
th_photo.jpg

th_photo11.jpg

th_photo10-1.jpg

th_photo8-1.jpg

th_photo7-1.jpg

th_photo6.jpg

th_photo5.jpg

th_photo4.jpg

th_photo2.jpg

snkepit

Established Member
If I am wrong let me know. But when the guy that you bought it ask you what do you want me to do about it. Not saying any names yet.

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
With the box it was packaged in being that messed up, my first guess would be it was your shipping companies fault. Happens here at work all the time sadly.

edit- well maybe not now that I see you bought it from an individual..that sucks man!

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Honestly this is going to open a can of worms....it could go either way without knowing what exactgly hapen and whats been said by both parties. I however would have maybe found a plastic or wooden crate to ship it in.

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
The seller is at fault. He could use a damn packing lesson that's for sure. I think negative feedback should be left and the seller should be banned from the "market" forum until he can provide documentation that he has been certified in packing a box full of goods such as a $4,000 Whipple 3.4

He should also compensate you in some way like giving you a god damn refund. What a ****ing joke.

Last edited:

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
I doubt the shipping company will cover the damages even if it was insured. it does not appear it was packaged to any specs of what i know of ups or fed ex. I would blame the seller for poor packaging. You can try to file a claim with the shipper but like i said i doubt they cover it.
I would file a dispute with what ever payment method you used asap though. Good luck

snkepit

Established Member
Alot of the marks had dirt in them and were aged. And the bubble was not cut.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
this is exactly why whenever is sell or buy something i either send a few pics of it properly packaged before i ship it ..and demand pics from the seller if im buying something:beer:

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
I would say the seller as well. I bought a used Whipple off here last year and the seller built a wood box and bolted the whipple down so it wouldn't shift around. For that kind of money you would think he could put a little effort into making sure it arrives in the same condition it shipped.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
should've had it insured for loss or damage during shipping, thats on you. if uninsured ups will refund up to $100 for loss or damage which is pointless in this situation. that being said i'm sure the shipping was alot for that thing and the seller shipped it on the cheap and did a terrible job packaging it. personally i think all 3 parties deserve some of the blame, buyer, seller and shipping company. sucks and i feel bad for you but this is why i wouldn't buy something like this from an indivdual unless i was picking it up.

Last edited:

snkepit

Established Member
And insisted I send paypal as a gift because he was not paying paypal fees. Now thats my fault.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Sellers fault. I wouldn't even ship an empty box in such a shitty way. And bubble wrap is not the end-all be-all solution for packaging.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
The seller is at fault. That is a awlful packing job on a very expensive blower. No shipping company will take fault like that because its not properly packed using the correct box. You need to figure something out because i would be super pissed they way that was packed.

snkepit

Established Member
The blower looks new now but the broken intercooler bolt and throttlebody bolt? He didn't tell me bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread