Whom among us is Catholic?

Not Catholic at all. But wasn't it the canons of this very church that you seem to abhor that selected and assembled your very bible? That should give them at least some advantage in claiming a holy representation.

The Third Council of Carthage on the Canon of Scripture

Let me just say this, I don't like to criticize the Catholic Church of things they do which are not in the Bible because many people have come to know Jesus Christ as Catholics. That being said, I respect the Catholic Church's role in canonizing the Bible. However, there are simply too many practices within the catholic church that are not biblical and just men's traditions. What the Bible states to do is one thing, what the Catholic institution at the Vatican chooses to do that isn't in the Bible, is another. And this criticism isn't just directed at the Catholic Church. There are many churches going by doctrines that are not from the Bible and that's just plain dangerous.

Christianity is based on what the Bible states. Jesus was and always will be the head of the church. There is no church institution on earth that has a monopoly on Christianity nor a special hotline to God that no other Christian has. If the Vatican knew I have Communion in my home every day, they would say all kinds of things. But last time I read my Bible, Jesus didn't reach over to a priest or pastor or minister to have the bread and wine blessed for Him to be able to have the last supper with His disciples. There's a major difference between religion and having a relationship with God. And for many, a relationship with God doesn't go beyond sitting in a pew for 1hr a week with God. Do that with a girlfriend or a wife and tell me what kind of relationship that is?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread